This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - 88 paired board

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is an unknown at the time

Postflop: bet/fold for value protection vs overs and draw and some weaker PP's. Plan was bet/fold F+T and check behind river un-imp.

Don't think that I can x/beh F but not sure that barelling the turn is best. On the other hand if I check behind I don't really know whether villain bluffs or bets a worse hand OTR. Maybe I can make a small value bet if he checks to me but it would depend mainly on the river card and his bet sizing.

As played I don't think I have any other option than folding.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $2.93
      SB: $5.61
      BB: $2.94
      UTG: $5.21
      MP: $4.94
      Hero (CO): $5.07

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 8:diamond: 8:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45, 3 players) 9:club: 2:club: 9:heart:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB calls $0.28, BB calls $0.28

Turn: ($1.29, 3 players) 6:diamond:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB calls $0.80, fold

River: ($2.89, 2 players) 5:club:
      SB bets $2.75, fold

SB wins $2.77
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Muel,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that you played it fine given the hand, board and potential villains.

I wouldn't call the river there either as I doubt he floats two streets to just donk random hands there.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Cheers

I often get worried that I turn my hand into a bluff by taking bet/fold lines on draw. I often struggle to categorize where I stand in the hand. I.e do I think I am ahead often enough and will worse hands call if I bet. Is my hand good enough to try to take to showdown, therefore by betting do I rob my hand of its value?

If I'm not sure then do you think bet/fold is better than checking in most cases?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You are playing without information which means that you have no idea how they would play the river if checked to. On top of that you have 2 players with a total of 4 cards so the risk of a free card is larger than in a HU pot.

It really comes down to what you think their ranges might be and how they are split and then you can try to estimate number of combos.