[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH 99 - vs MP open

• muel294
      Villain is unknown at the time of the hand

Preflop: I think 3-betting for value would be overplayed, not sure a worse hand calls OOP and pretty sure nothing worse 4b's. My hand plays well IP and I think my hand is ahead of his range here.

Flop: When villain checks the flop I didn't expect him to have TP very often. I think he either has a draw, nothing or a made hand that he intends to x/rai. It's between betting the flop and turn and checking behind the river unimproved for value or x/beh F, bet T and x/beh R un-improved.

As played..

I decided to bet F+T for value/protection vs draws and x/beh R unimproved. When villain donks R I don't think I can ever call without further reads since I have already shown a lot of strength. Expected him to have KX, 2prs and sets here.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $5.83
      SB: $5.31
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $19.73
      MP: $2.96
      CO: $2.69

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 9:diamond: 9:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.15, fold, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 8:club: 6:spade: Q:spade:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.22, MP calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.81, 2 players) K:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50

River: ($1.81, 2 players) 5:club:
      MP bets $2.09 and is all-in, fold

MP wins $1.73
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Muel,

Preflop: looks fine and given his stack size I'd only 3-bet if I were looking to get it in.

Postflop: I think that the flop bet is fine but I can't see just as much value on that turn card. Most lower pairs fold so all that's left are some flush draws (shouldn't be too many since he opened in MP)