This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH 99 - vs MP open

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is unknown at the time of the hand

Preflop: I think 3-betting for value would be overplayed, not sure a worse hand calls OOP and pretty sure nothing worse 4b's. My hand plays well IP and I think my hand is ahead of his range here.

Flop: When villain checks the flop I didn't expect him to have TP very often. I think he either has a draw, nothing or a made hand that he intends to x/rai. It's between betting the flop and turn and checking behind the river unimproved for value or x/beh F, bet T and x/beh R un-improved.

As played..

I decided to bet F+T for value/protection vs draws and x/beh R unimproved. When villain donks R I don't think I can ever call without further reads since I have already shown a lot of strength. Expected him to have KX, 2prs and sets here.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $5.83
      SB: $5.31
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $19.73
      MP: $2.96
      CO: $2.69

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 9:diamond: 9:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.15, fold, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 8:club: 6:spade: Q:spade:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.22, MP calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.81, 2 players) K:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50

River: ($1.81, 2 players) 5:club:
      MP bets $2.09 and is all-in, fold

MP wins $1.73
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Muel,

Preflop: looks fine and given his stack size I'd only 3-bet if I were looking to get it in.

Postflop: I think that the flop bet is fine but I can't see just as much value on that turn card. Most lower pairs fold so all that's left are some flush draws (shouldn't be too many since he opened in MP)