[NL2-NL10] NL16 - ATo 3Bet pot oop

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $12.37 (77.3 bb)
      CO: $18.22 (113.9 bb)
      BTN: $18.53 (115.8 bb)
      SB: $15.77 (98.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $16.24 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T A
      MP calls $0.16, CO raises to $0.64, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.88, MP folds, CO calls $1.24

Flop: ($4.00) 7 5 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.34, CO calls $2.34

Turn: ($8.68) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.52, CO calls $4.52

River: ($17.72) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.50 and is all-in, CO calls $7.50

Results:
      $32.72 pot ($1.47 rake)
      Final Board: 7 5 7 8 K
      CO showed 9 Q and won $31.25 ($15.01 net)
      Hero showed T A and lost (-$16.24 net)

Villian is relatively unknown, not seen him get out of line at all and only got 30ish hands

Pre: Dont like folding as .... i dont like folding :f_biggrin: I assume he's just isolating the limper so his CO iso range is going to be really wide, dont like calling as it invites the fish into the pot and ATo multiway doesn't play too good.

Flop: I'm cbetting the flop as he seems reasonable i expect to get a fold out of his AK/AQ type hands and planning on barreling any High card or heart blocking his plan to float (if he plans to do so)

Turn: As planned on the flop

River: When he just calls the turn i expect him to have something but not be overly happy about a K hitting on the river so shoved hoping to get a fold out of maybe QQ/JJ/TT/99 which would all call flop and turn barrels

Is this being abit spewy and am i thinking on the right lines? :f_confused:
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi ABS,

Preflop: I don't mind a 3-bet here but I think your size could be 1 BB larger.

Postflop: As played, if you expect him to fold his overcards on the flop what exactly are you looking to get him to fold? You said that he may float but pairs or draws are never folding.

The river is also close simply because of the money left behind (less than half pot) so I do think that it's a bit spewy against unknown.
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Postflop: As played, if you expect him to fold his overcards on the flop what exactly are you looking to get him to fold? You said that he may float but pairs or draws are never folding.
      People tend to be a little bit weak so any scare card on the river would be goo d card to bluff at as his overcards would have folded by the river and his now underpairs would be in a tough spot?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ABShortland
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      People tend to be a little bit weak so any scare card on the river would be goo d card to bluff at as his overcards would have folded by the river and his now underpairs would be in a tough spot?
      The problem, though, is that you bet 7.5 into a 17.5 pot. That gives him 23% pot odds and your bet size is ~40% pot. That's why I feel that many people will have a hard time folding a pair although I do agree that out of all the cards the K or the A are the best scare cards.