MP3 (Hero):
      $10.83 6/6/0 (no cards)
      CO:
      $10.38 20/17/14 TAG
      BU:
      $10.00 13/13/0 NIT
      SB:
      $10.74 13/0/0 NIT

3rd orbit at the table -- have not had much by way of cards so make a looseish raise.
      The two tighties are going to fold a lot of the time and I am happy to get HU with th Fish in BB. My only concern is the TAG in CO who may 3b but given my tightness so far and UTG I also expect a fold there a lot too.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6, 7.
      Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1) J, 5, 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.65, CO calls $0.65, SB folds.

Turn: ($2.3) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO raises to $3.00, Hero ??

Results follow

OK the result was not what I really wanted but I hit the flop hard. Standard c-bet and now HU out-of-pos and make my frush.

Its all good until the Turn raise.
      I am tempted to shove but thinking about TAGs PF flatting range: SCs, some Aces (AQ/AJ/ATs) and PP, and this Turn raise narrows that down further. The raise is not much more than minimum. So, its either a huge hand wanting a call or a mediocre hand ready to fold IMO.

What do you think? And what do you do next? And why...
  • 2 replies
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      I think you should bet bigger on the turn, smth around 60-65% so that you would know for sure you're beaten if raise occurs. With this underbet you may provoke him to raise with TP+draws type hands as well as with stronger flushes and maybe 87. I think 3bet will isolate us versus stronger hands but given small bet you made I think we can call turn and see what happens on the river.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      first things first, before even preflop:

- that doesn't seem like a good table. there's only one fish and he's shortstacked...
      - you shouldn't label BU/SB so quickly as "nits" since these stats don't seem like they are relative to a lot of hands, they might also just be having a bad run.

pre: i'm actually not too thrilled about getting HU with the 19bb fish with 7 high. it'll be tough to cbet effectively and in practice both of you are going to be pot commited any time you hit any piece of the flop.

flop: a cbet can't be bad with so much equity, but i think check/calling has some merits, if you didn't hit a pair i'd look into a check/raise too.
      cbetting mostly plays easier though and you can decide to turn your hand into a bluff on high cards.

turn: this is a tough spot, he reps flushes and maybe 87.
      you are doing very badly against his value range, so can he turn some hands into bluffs? that's tough to say, probably yes if he is competent.

from his perspective it really looks like you have some kind of value hand that bet small because afraid of the flush completing. if you bet bigger you could just bet/fold it without remorse.
      as played i don't like it, but i'll at least call the turn and decide on rivers, probably mostly folding because a) he might not have many bluffs and b) i don't think nl10 players follow through with their bluffs that often.