Stacks:
      UTG ($10.82) 108bb
      UTG+1 ($9.32) 93bb
      CO ($9.44) 94bb
      cozacu (BTN) ($10.09) 101bb
      SB ($4.55) 46bb
      BB ($12.99) 130bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) cozacu is BTN J:diamond: A:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.30, cozacu raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.85, 1 fold, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $0.60

Flop: 8:club: J:club: 5:spade: ($2.55, 3 players)
      SB checks, CO checks, cozacu bets $1.70, SB folds, CO calls $1.70

Turn: 5:club: ($5.95, 2 players)
      CO bets $1.95, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $7.90

CO wins $7.94 (net +$3.69)

Villian CO 23/15 af 10.5 cbet 86 ftcbet 50 wtsd 23 (0 ft3bet) 125hands
      SB 28/10 af 1.2 cbet 70 ftcbet 50 wtsd 40 203hands

PF = value 3bet , I expect CO to call with worst

Flop = value + protection

Turn = ? After Co called my bet on flop and he donks here he looks strong, I can't just call turn /fold river ... and going broke w AJ no :club: it's almost never +ev

What do you think about the over all play?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cozacu,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I don't think I can fold that turn. His bet can be a block bet with a weaker made hand as well (given the size). If anything we can call and play the river.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Calling turn here would mean that we kinda have to call river because his stack will be so small compared to the size of the pot, so personally I don't really like the call at all especially because he can see a lot of nasty rivers... that is why I see this spot more like a fold or shove situation, and shoving here with hoping that he`s got JX with X :club: , or 99,TT with a :club: it's a bit ambitious.

Q:

1) Aren't we commiting our serfs if we call the turn? So there is no call turn/fold river?

2) Do you think jamming the turn can be +ev vs this villain here.

P.s. I interpreted his smaller bet as an attempt to milk me, helping him to have an easier time to ship the river.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by cozacu
      Calling turn here would mean that we kinda have to call river because his stack will be so small compared to the size of the pot, so personally I don't really like the call at all especially because he can see a lot of nasty rivers... that is why I see this spot more like a fold or shove situation, and shoving here with hoping that he`s got JX with X :club: , or 99,TT with a :club: it's a bit ambitious.

Q:

1) Aren't we commiting our serfs if we call the turn? So there is no call turn/fold river?

2) Do you think jamming the turn can be +ev vs this villain here.

P.s. I interpreted his smaller bet as an attempt to milk me, helping him to have an easier time to ship the river.
      I don't think that shoving there and expecting him to have a weaker hand is ambitious as there are plenty of hands he can have.

If I read his stats correctly he is super aggro which tells us that he could probably block bet or bet small with a draw in hopes to see a cheaper river.

Do you have any reason to expect him to only "milk" you?
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Not really.

So you prefer a shove vs a fold here,giving him a range like QJ,KJ,TcJ,99c,TTc?
      Do we agree that we should never just call? (or we could call turn , call any non-club river?/fold vs a club on river)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by cozacu
      Not really.

So you prefer a shove vs a fold here,giving him a range like QJ,KJ,TcJ,99c,TTc?
      Do we agree that we should never just call? (or we could call turn , call any non-club river?/fold vs a club on river)
      Calling is fine if you expect him to fire river otherwise just shove.

His value range is so narrow, unless he slowplays QQ-AA pre, that I find it hard to justify a fold with TPTK.