Table Ninja 2 killing off Table Ninja and going to an overpriced subscription model.

• jules97
      Just got the following email.

tldr version: Table Ninja will stop working August 15 2013. Table ninja 2 costs $20/month (lol) or $10/month for limits up to nl50.

Seems a ridiculous price for what the software actually does. I could see myself paying something like maybe $5 a month IF it was supported like PT4, but $20...

I suppose it's time to learn pokerstars own hotkey/multitabling features. :]

TableNinja II Has Arrived

After months of rigorous Beta testing (thanks to all of you who participated!) we are excited to announce TableNinja II has officially launched. As a TableNinja (v1) owner you are eligible for up to 5 months of TableNinja II free if you subscribe before 06/15/13.

Download the newly launched TableNinja II now and give it a test drive!

What’s New in TableNinja II?

Separate TableNinja versions are no longer necessary. Seamless multi-tabling across PokerStars, Full Tilt, and PartyPoker is now possible with TableNinja II.
      The new Ninja Tile feature keeps your active hands tiled and visible while stacking the rest, so you can focus on the tough decisions and play more tables.
      TableNinja II allows you to create unlimited customized betting hotkeys with our new betting filters. (Ex: 50% of pot + 2 blinds when Ante = true)
      SNG Sensei has been upgraded making it easier to manage tournament registration.
      TableNinja II''s setup wizard makes upgrading easy by automatically importing your settings from TableNinja (v1).
      To learn more about TableNinja II’s many new features CLICK HERE
      Since you are already an owner of TableNinja (v1), we have summarized some FAQ's below that specifically address questions that you might have:

Is there a discount to upgrade from TableNinja (v1)?
      TableNinja (v1) owners receive up to 5 months of TableNinja II for free if they upgrade to TableNinja II before 06/15/13. The actual number of months is based on the number of versions of TableNinja (v1) you own. See more details on the upgrade policy HERE.

How much does TableNinja II cost?
      TableNinja II Pro: $20/Month or $150/year
      TableNinja II Standard: $10/Month (1yr license not available with a Standard license).
      Why is TableNinja II subscription based?
      Keeping TableNinja integrated with all of its supported poker clients requires constant maintenance, particularly now that online poker sites all have different regional clients. At the same time, online poker and multi-tabling are constantly evolving and it is crucial that we have the resources to provide players with the best possible experience as new game types and play styles emerge.

Over the past five years, we've released several hundred updates to TableNinja (v1) that add new features based on requests from the community, support new game types, and support updates to all of the poker clients. Each of these updates requires substantial time and money and we've learned that a onetime payment is simply not a sustainable way to provide the kind of quality software that our users deserve.

TableNinja II has been rewritten from scratch to be more powerful, flexible, and easier to use. Your monthly subscription will ensure that it is continually evolving to match changes to the poker sites you play on and to provide the features elite poker players need.

How long will you support TableNinja (v1)?
      We will stop releasing updates to TableNinja (v1) on August 15th, 2013. We cannot guarantee TableNinja (v1) will continue to work after this date. For this reason, we don't recommend you continue to use TableNinja (v1) after August 15th, 2013.

Can I get a refund on my TableNinja (v1) purchases?
      If you purchased a TableNinja (v1) license after Feb 15, 2013 and decide that you DO NOT want to upgrade to TableNinja II, you are eligible for a refund on that purchase. Email to request the refund.

Please be aware that your TableNinja (v1) license will be cancelled and you will not be eligible for any upgrade credits for which you receive free months of TableNinja II.

Answers to the above are covered in more detail, along with other FAQ’s about TableNinja II, in our TableNinja II FAQ pages.

The TableNinja II Team
  • 12 replies
    • Akcus
      Very greedy, I wonder if they will reduce the price after getting tons of heat from the poker community?

I agree with OP, couldn't see myself paying any more than $5/month lol
    • qnb07
      the problem i´ve had so far with the pokerstars hotkeys it that it wont work with holdem manager running.
      anyone else got that problem??
      does it work with PT or HM2?
    • Vip3rNZ
      my pokerstars hotkeys work fine and always has with holdem manager
    • mktpppr
      this really sucks donkey balls hard

I wonder if v1 will still be stable for a long time still after 15 aug 2013? i guess not, if you think about all the updates in the past

just using up the 5 free months and then dropping v2 doesn't sound so good either

its going to be buggy as hell!!! X(

end of an era imo
    • serverm07
      You guys can't be seriously complaining about $20/month for a program that has good support and is worth way more than $20/month and does everything you need. They missed out on a lot of money charging $60 flat or w/e it used to be.

• muel294
      I do think this sucks from a customers point of view. But I can see their point in having to charge for this service.

Having said that Pokertracker are constantly providing updates and we don't have to pay a monthly fee for it so I am slightly sceptical about this arguemnent and am intrigued as to whether it is really costing them so much.

Personally I'm just gonna keep running TN v1 since I don't really need TN. It's just super convenient.

If you mass multi-table then I think TN is a must and worth investing for good winning players at higher limits, but otherwise I just don't think it would be a profitable decision to keep running it if paying for this service is gonna take away from you overall profit.
    • MatejM47
      If you play nl100 and above and can't afford 20$ a month for TN then you should really fill out this aplication.

[img][IMG][/IMG] Uploaded with[/img]
    • jules97
      You can pay me to insult you for $15 dollars a month and if you don't want to pay that you should go apply to Mcdonalds? :coolface:

It's got nothing to do with whether or not it's affordable. It still must be decent value for money.

I use tableninja for 2 main reasons. So I can have a right click fold anywhere on the table and so I can have the table highlighted that needs action.
      I don't care much about the other features and it has always been buggy with stuff not working. It's just not worth the money. Pokerstars provides pretty much the same service these days anyway and it's free.
    • netsrak
      Here are the official statements:

Our management has received all feedback and comments and take them into account.
    • chuongdk
      it is overpriced, compared to TN1 PT4 or HEM or any other paid software. it is useful but not as complicated as PT4 or HEM
    • ChoakMyDee
      Any updates on how people feel about TN2? I'm still using TN1.

I got pissed off at them when they wouldn't support me properly. I bought "TableNinja Combo: Full Tilt and Poker Stars". After a while TN stopped working on Tilt. I emailed support and they suggested a couple things that didn't help + I did a clean install of everything etc. but couldn't get it to work. The problem is it keeps asking me for a license even though I keep pasting in the correct license...I just can't get past the popup "Your TN1 trial has expired. Click the link to begin your TN2 trial."

Well, I can use the TN1 Stars and Party software so I should be able to use the Tilt one as well. The thing is, I might consider using TN2 if I thought they deserved it but they won't even help me solve a problem with software THAT I ALREADY PAID FOR.

Any thoughts on if the TN2 software is better now that it isn't new? Is the price better?
    • Svinhugg
      I have run the trial now. I can't compare with TN1. But they say that they can't guarantee the function of Pokerstars 7 "since it's so new", it is something awkward with the betting on Full Tilt and I never got it to work on Partypoker, the 3 sites the say they support and that at a price of 10 dollars a month. That's actually an insult.

so I will try to see if I can figure out Table Tamer to see if it is an alternative.