R1st vs PFR

• elbudowiec
      elbudowiec
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,
      last time i've been refreshing my pop-up and i realize that I don't use PFR (which i have devided dependence on position --- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/overal.jpg/)
      When I take decision during session i use R1st (position dependence) but i never use PFR (position dependence). Is this right approach?
      Sure, I still use overaal PFR to imagine what type of player im going to rival, in particual i have a marginal sample.
      How about you? What for do you use PFR (position dependence), when you have a pop-up with R1st, 3b, sqz etc ?
      Thx for answers and sorry for eventualy mistakes (grama/ writing) in post.
  • 7 replies
    • elbudowiec
      elbudowiec
      Bronze
      anyone?
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I use RFI as I feel it is more relevant for 6max than PFR.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Yeah i think raise first in is right approach. You will get more clue about Preflop ranges by position with RFI.
    • elbudowiec
      elbudowiec
      Bronze
      so there is no sense in puting positional PFR in pop-ups since our decisions are based on R1st, 3b, cc etc.
      ?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      PFR contains all situations so it is important.

It contains squeeze, 3bet, isolate, raise first and looking at the difference between VPIP and PFR you get the idea about someone's overall cold calling and limping range.

Many people keep PFR in the HUD and use popups to see RFI. Some people have RFI in various position also in their HUD in like the second line where first line still has VPIP/PRF etc.

RFI can't replace PFR, RFI shows a concentrated picture while PFR shows a much broader picture.

Positional PFR in popups makes sense cause you won't have accurate 3bet, isolation and squeeze stats on everyone and PFR gives a decent picture there.
    • elbudowiec
      elbudowiec
      Bronze
      @maheepsangari
      thx for your post.
      Could you give an example of your decision making proces when you use positional PFR. I would be grateful if you point me the way i should look at. How do you compare it to other stats?
      For example (as now) when I'm facing 3b from my opponent i'm looking at his 3b/ positional 3b/ fold to 4b/ and if im ip im looking at his post flop stats. In this example, should i look also at PFR? And the hardest - how it should affect to my decision.
    • Strongwill
      Strongwill
      Bronze
      How about if we already have RFI and 3bet in our HUD. Do we still need PFR in our HUD? I mean we want our HUD to be less so that we can add another more important stats. Curve out the fat and save the lean.

The way I see it is that PFR is a combination of RFI and 3bet PF.

Some people want less on their plate, including me. Before I change my diet I'd like to know if its healthy.