[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Speed QQ Isolating UTG limper

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $5.55 (55.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $16.31 (163.1 bb)
      CO: $3.65 (36.5 bb)
      BTN: $4.44 (44.4 bb)
      SB: $20.14 (201.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 3 folds, BB calls $0.40, UTG calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.55) 8 4 K (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.55) J (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1, 2 folds

Should I bet the flop against two fishy opponents? I decided to check back and bet the turn if no action.

UTG: 33/5/4,0/21 (VPIP/PFR/AF/H)
      BB: 27/22/41/3,6/909 (VPIP/PFR/FvFlopCB/AF/H)
  • 6 replies
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      This board is dry (only few GS possible) and has a scare card so it's hard for opponents (even fishy) to continue plus we have position and very unlikely to be outdrawn so I think you played it right.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would c-bet 0.85$ to protect against Ax hands, not get bluffed and they may always call with 8x or pp-s (especially UTG). If get called you can always check back turn and evaluate river (mostly calling half pot bet or valuebetting yourself if checked)

best regards,
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Ah-ha, the logic behind cbetting is based on these assumptions:
      1) bluff is not likely from fish nor from TAG with fish in the pot
      2) not many worse hands may call but still, not only Kx would call us
      3) by checking we give infinite odds to PPs & the like

Right? The main thing is p.1, we have good bluff-catcher but bluffs are not likely at all.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      Ah-ha, the logic behind cbetting is based on these assumptions:
      1) bluff is not likely from fish nor from TAG with fish in the pot
      2) not many worse hands may call but still, not only Kx would call us
      3) by checking we give infinite odds to PPs & the like

Right? The main thing is p.1, we have good bluff-catcher but bluffs are not likely at all.
      Hi, some players would always bet if it is checked around even on Kxx board. But usually if they have air they would still going to c/f.
      If they pick up equity (for example picking straight or flushdraw then they would usually lead out) and since they would also bet with Kx hands, then it is hard you to balance out your check back range (basically your hand is face up, he can bluff you successfully and you never know where you´re at)

best regards,
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Yes, I agree to you with the bet but for example in this hand I was suggested to check back at low stakes:
      [SH] KK on A-high board

As I can see both have its pros & cons and it's important to be able to explain to yourself why you take this or that action.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      Yes, I agree to you with the bet but for example in this hand I was suggested to check back at low stakes:
      [SH] KK on A-high board

As I can see both have its pros & cons and it's important to be able to explain to yourself why you take this or that action.
      that case is a littlebit different, since there can be no overcards, but I would usually c-bet especially since there are flushdraw:
      - I can get called by draws
      - I protect my hand against pp-s who would fold and don´t end up loosing against set (if he should hit 2 outs on the turn)
      but most important reason: I would c-bet air 100% and if I check back made hands, then players can start c/r or floating me and 100% c-bet is not profitable any more.
      Also it is always hard oop to play if players put pressure against you, rather than give free cards+ if you really check back on Axx, Kxx boards then usually players would not start bluffing.
      So only reason to me why I should check back: I know that player is c/r happy and I don´t want to b/f my hand, but rather go to showdown.

best regards,