[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Speed ATs Cold Calling

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $18.59 (185.9 bb)
      CO: $15.72 (157.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $12.75 (127.5 bb)
      SB: $5 (50 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T A
      CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 2 2 6 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.75) 3 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40

River: ($1.55) J (2 players)
      CO bets $0.77, Hero folds

Hello!

I didn't want to 3bet preflop because he doesn't fold to 3bets alot. Neighter I want to fold ATs IP against him, so I called. I expect him to cbet that flop, but he didn't, which makes me think that he has big hand, rather than he missed the flop, and is planning to check/calll or check/raise. I missed the flop also, so I checked back. The turn gave me a flushdraw and he checked again, so at that point I decided to bet. I didn't hit on the river, so i gave up.

CO: 31/24/75/2,1/345 (VPIP/PFR/FlopCB/AF/H)
  • 2 replies
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      This guy has a pretty wide cbet range and looks aggressive (at least preflop), we could now see more detailed stats like turn c\r percentage, giving up after missed cbet, we have not so few hands for him. Without this info I think he would bet on this dry board with all air so he may be on some hands which have SD-value like AT-AK or a monster like QQ-AA. Of course he may have some weaker aces too but I doubt we can get much value from this bet, neither can we treat it as a bluff and I don't think we have a lot of dead money here, to me the pot is pretty live. And seeing how we can get a c\r (also from bluffs probably) I think it's better to play cb here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Most likely he is giving up, so I would prefer c-bet. You can always barrel on diamonds and T would very likely give you best hand.
      I guess you´re not enough times ahead, so river fold is fine (although I would not surprise if he also showed A4/A5

And against 31/24 I´m 3-betting pre-flop for value unless I expect him to 4-bet wide range.

best regards,