[NL2-NL10] Nl Aq

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $2.52 (50.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.39 (107.8 bb)
      MP: $4.93 (98.6 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $10.78 (215.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: A:diamond:
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.45, BTN folds

Flop: ($1.37) A:heart: 3:club: 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.37) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.77, Hero raises to $3.79, CO calls $1.63 and is all-in

River: ($10.17) T:spade: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

pf is a std sqz, I guess. Never want to call such a high-card OOP in MWP, it plays terrible there. I either win a small pot or loose a big one. I might sometimes call AQsuited for balance and when hit an Ax play it like a weak ace/bluffcatcher. But, since balancing on NL5 is like going to a brothel for a hug, I always squeeze here.

I don't see much value in CBetting this Flop. His range is primarily hands, which he didn't want to stack-off with, so AK-AQ, maybe AJ, 88-KK, KQ. He has a low Ft3b and even though the sample is low, he might sometimes have hands like SC, lower PP, other suited broadays, depending on what exactly he calls. By playing it x/c, I look like JJ-KK and he might want to get me off the pot. Give him a chance to bluff with his air. Against AJ-AK, I still get the money in and against other parts of his range, I have no value in CBetting.

His T sizing is pretty scary, I was hoping for a xback or a 1/3 pot bet, and now he looks like the single AA combo, AK, maybe AJ. But I still don't see how I can play that differently, since a person with likely a low Ft3b might have some FDs and I don't see any more reason to call with that SPR.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Your line is fine if you can assume your villain is more aggro and can turn hands into a bluff or valuebet worse.

His bet on the flop is rather large which means our hand is probably best. AK may 4-bet pre a fair amount and he can have hands like KQcc and other speculative hands especially if BTN is fishy so we can't really fold.