This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH25 ZOOM 75s 3bet

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 58.8 BB
      SB: 118.72 BB
      Hero (BB): 113.96 BB
      UTG: 109.72 BB
      MP: 154.72 BB
      CO: 173.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 5:diamond: 7:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to 2.6 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 8.2 BB, CO calls 5.6 BB

Flop: (16.8 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond: 2:heart: Q:heart:
      Hero bets 9.2 BB, CO calls 9.2 BB

Turn: (35.2 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero bets 18.8 BB, CO calls 18.8 BB

River: (72.8 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero requests TIME, Hero bets 77.76 BB and is all-in, ...

villain reg 19/14/141h
      0/2 fold to 3bet
      3/4 fold to flop cbet, 1/1 fold to turn cbet, 2/16 wtsd, 6/16 wwsf

i 3bet mostly hoping to take it down postflop against his pretty low wtsd, think this is a poor hand choice though.

against this guy, is this a 1 or 3 barrel spot?
      ofc it's cool to hit our draw but when i turned the diamond i was planning to barrel pretty much any river.

i slightly screwed up the sizings but spr on river still isn't that bad :P
  • 3 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      What is your argument for it being more than a bet flop once and give up?

Also if you're 3betting 57s how freakn wide is your 3bet range against this guy, who looks like a nit and hasn't folded to 3bets yet? Like 15%?! That seems like a BB v 60%+ BUT open range, not a 3bet range v a nit in the CUT.

I think something like a value heavy 7 or 8% would be better against a guy like this?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      that's all right, that was what i meant with bad hand selection and kinda bad spot (bb vs co). i blame c-game :P
      not sure if my range against him should be depolarized though.

the argument for postflop 3barrelling is to try to make him fold pretty much everything besides KQ+ (all draws included)... but his range isn't super wide to begin with, would be quite better if it was vs btn.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: He has a strong range and he doesn't like folding. I guess he folds more often than usual vs cbets but still I think flatting here is going to be the better choice.

Flop and turn are fine.

River: I won't bluff blanks cos villain is never going to fold QX IMO. You could bluff at them some % of the time but you shouldn't do it with a 100% frequency.

And his range here is either speculative hands or KQ+. I think he has many more combos of KQ+.