This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 ZOOM: bottom set 300bb deep

• yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      villain playing 21/17/3.3 AF over 547 hands
      68/43 flop/turn cbet

thoughts on hand?

shitty thing is i can only rep 88/KJ with flop x/r, while villain can still have all sets.

flop overbet made me think villain had big hand, turn sizing was smaller, opted for x/r.

river do i bet? or xc vs all missed draws/ sometime KJ

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $147.92 (295.8 bb)
      SB: $119.92 (239.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $155.57 (311.1 bb)
      UTG: $119.55 (239.1 bb)
      MP: $56.04 (112.1 bb)
      CO: $67.23 (134.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 8
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) J K 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($7.25) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.50, Hero raises to $17.50, BTN calls $12

River: ($42.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $31.50, Hero calls $31.50
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I would just c/r the Flop right away and fire thrice. I don't see a problem with you not being able to rep JJ/KK. If villain wants to 3bet the Flop that's really fine. You can easily flat and remember that you always have the option to turn your hand into a bluff as well on flush cards (not that I would recommend doing it all the time though vs any player)

As played you should definitely be betting yourself. You rep a ton of busted draws and he'll be very inclined to bluff catch with all his top pair type of hands. You can use weaker made hands to bluff catch instead - I just think it's a waste to use such a strong hand to bluff catch.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

I would just c/r the Flop right away and fire thrice. I don't see a problem with you not being able to rep JJ/KK. If villain wants to 3bet the Flop that's really fine. You can easily flat and remember that you always have the option to turn your hand into a bluff as well on flush cards (not that I would recommend doing it all the time though vs any player)

As played you should definitely be betting yourself. You rep a ton of busted draws and he'll be very inclined to bluff catch with all his top pair type of hands. You can use weaker made hands to bluff catch instead - I just think it's a waste to use such a strong hand to bluff catch.
      ok so then plan is to bet/fold??

i dont think villain's will ever shove river here as a bluff at NL50. we can discount villain having JJ/KK since he would 3bet those on turn most likely. i understand that we should bet now that you mention it, but then bet/fold?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      that depends on the size. honestly i don't really feel like folding unless he makes some super huge jam and higher sets probably raise you at some point in time.

really hard to say, but i don't think it's too important cos i think it's going to happen super rarely. maybe bet/fold is fine.