[NL20-NL50] NL50 ZOOM: bottom set 300bb deep

• yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      villain playing 21/17/3.3 AF over 547 hands
      68/43 flop/turn cbet

thoughts on hand?

shitty thing is i can only rep 88/KJ with flop x/r, while villain can still have all sets.

flop overbet made me think villain had big hand, turn sizing was smaller, opted for x/r.

river do i bet? or xc vs all missed draws/ sometime KJ

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $147.92 (295.8 bb)
      SB: $119.92 (239.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $155.57 (311.1 bb)
      UTG: $119.55 (239.1 bb)
      MP: $56.04 (112.1 bb)
      CO: $67.23 (134.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 8
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) J K 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($7.25) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.50, Hero raises to $17.50, BTN calls $12

River: ($42.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $31.50, Hero calls $31.50
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I would just c/r the Flop right away and fire thrice. I don't see a problem with you not being able to rep JJ/KK. If villain wants to 3bet the Flop that's really fine. You can easily flat and remember that you always have the option to turn your hand into a bluff as well on flush cards (not that I would recommend doing it all the time though vs any player)

As played you should definitely be betting yourself. You rep a ton of busted draws and he'll be very inclined to bluff catch with all his top pair type of hands. You can use weaker made hands to bluff catch instead - I just think it's a waste to use such a strong hand to bluff catch.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

I would just c/r the Flop right away and fire thrice. I don't see a problem with you not being able to rep JJ/KK. If villain wants to 3bet the Flop that's really fine. You can easily flat and remember that you always have the option to turn your hand into a bluff as well on flush cards (not that I would recommend doing it all the time though vs any player)

As played you should definitely be betting yourself. You rep a ton of busted draws and he'll be very inclined to bluff catch with all his top pair type of hands. You can use weaker made hands to bluff catch instead - I just think it's a waste to use such a strong hand to bluff catch.
      ok so then plan is to bet/fold??

i dont think villain's will ever shove river here as a bluff at NL50. we can discount villain having JJ/KK since he would 3bet those on turn most likely. i understand that we should bet now that you mention it, but then bet/fold?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      that depends on the size. honestly i don't really feel like folding unless he makes some super huge jam and higher sets probably raise you at some point in time.

really hard to say, but i don't think it's too important cos i think it's going to happen super rarely. maybe bet/fold is fine.