[NL2-NL10] AJo, 2 pair, multiway

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      I felt pretty lost here, I was in a multiway pot, with 2 huge fish. I wasn't all that sure on what to do, with the huge fish I just decided to bet pretty big for value, but I am worried I may have overdone it.

they were pretty big fish, like 60/0 and 80/4

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $15.62 (312.4 bb)
      MP: $12.50 (250 bb)
      CO: $2.15 (43 bb)
      BTN: $2.61 (52.2 bb)
      SB: $4.30 (86 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.47 (109.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J A
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.25, MP calls $0.20, CO folds, BTN calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.82) Q A 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP calls $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.92) J (3 players)
      Hero bets $2, 2 folds

That's the whole hand, for some reason I was super worried about them hitting the flush on the river, as it has happened a decent amount recently, but looking at it again I think I was pretty safe..any way not much else for info, just looking for general information.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Chow,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that you played your hand fine especially after both called the flop.

If anything you can bet even bigger there on the turn.

Why would you be worried about a backdoor flush? You should be worried about maximizing value versus their entire range.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      It's the nit in me. You're right, it's a leak and it costing me some $$$. The last week I had a(loose passive) fish that has been hitting the flush draw. I understand it's variance, and I am going to have to get over it. Just been happening a lot lately. Anyway, thanks for the advice!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Chowchow12
      It's the nit in me. You're right, it's a leak and it costing me some $$$. The last week I had a(loose passive) fish that has been hitting the flush draw. I understand it's variance, and I am going to have to get over it. Just been happening a lot lately. Anyway, thanks for the advice!
      Another thing to keep in mind is that your brain tends to remember the things that hurt you a lot more than everything else.

So it may be that you are remembering all the times they hit but forget, really fast, all the other times.