This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJo, 2 pair, multiway

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      I felt pretty lost here, I was in a multiway pot, with 2 huge fish. I wasn't all that sure on what to do, with the huge fish I just decided to bet pretty big for value, but I am worried I may have overdone it.

they were pretty big fish, like 60/0 and 80/4

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $15.62 (312.4 bb)
      MP: $12.50 (250 bb)
      CO: $2.15 (43 bb)
      BTN: $2.61 (52.2 bb)
      SB: $4.30 (86 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.47 (109.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J A
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.25, MP calls $0.20, CO folds, BTN calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.82) Q A 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP calls $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.92) J (3 players)
      Hero bets $2, 2 folds

That's the whole hand, for some reason I was super worried about them hitting the flush on the river, as it has happened a decent amount recently, but looking at it again I think I was pretty safe..any way not much else for info, just looking for general information.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Chow,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that you played your hand fine especially after both called the flop.

If anything you can bet even bigger there on the turn.

Why would you be worried about a backdoor flush? You should be worried about maximizing value versus their entire range.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      It's the nit in me. You're right, it's a leak and it costing me some $$$. The last week I had a(loose passive) fish that has been hitting the flush draw. I understand it's variance, and I am going to have to get over it. Just been happening a lot lately. Anyway, thanks for the advice!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Chowchow12
      It's the nit in me. You're right, it's a leak and it costing me some $$$. The last week I had a(loose passive) fish that has been hitting the flush draw. I understand it's variance, and I am going to have to get over it. Just been happening a lot lately. Anyway, thanks for the advice!
      Another thing to keep in mind is that your brain tends to remember the things that hurt you a lot more than everything else.

So it may be that you are remembering all the times they hit but forget, really fast, all the other times.