This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 slowplay monster

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      22/17 1.2k hands

very high fold to cbet and low wtsd, 64% and 21%, very fit and fold when not having inititiave
      fairly aggressive postflop

I thought this was a good spot to slowplay, coz he's going to float very narrow and not calldown at all.

My river raise size was to get value from mid to high flushes. I thought about shoving, but decided against it with the nut flush blocker. Without this I think shoving would have been fine?

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $38.05
      CO: $27.50
      BTN: $27.24
      Hero (SB): $25.00
      BB: $25.60
      UTG: $12.10

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) 5:diamond: A:heart: 6:club: Hero checks, BB checks

Turn%s: ($1.50, 2 players) 5:club: Hero checks, BB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

River%s: ($3.50, 2 players) K:club: Hero checks, BB bets $5.00, Hero raises to $12.30, BB calls $7.30

Hero shows A:spade: A:club: (Full House, Aces full of Fives) (Pre 78%, Flop 96%, Turn 100%)
      BB mucks T:club: 9:club: (Flush, King High) (Pre 22%, Flop 4%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $26.84
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

I like the Flop check. On the Turn it's unclear whether betting or checking Turn again is better. Anyway I don't think non AX Hands are going to pay you off more than 1 bet so checking should be fine.

You should c/c Turn and on the River this is dependent on how good the villain is at hand reading. Villain is repping 5X/clubs IMO and I think it's hard for him to lay down those hands if he's bad or mediocre so you could raise larger.

Vs a better opponent you could raise the size you did make. I think you strongly rep AA/KK with this line (who ever bluffs like that?)

Thanks