[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH - 87s

• TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $2.13 (106.5 bb)
      MP: $2.09 (104.5 bb)
      CO: $0.74 (37 bb)
      BTN: $1.28 (64 bb)
      SB: $2.04 (102 bb)
      BB: $0.97 (48.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7 8
      Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) A A 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, BTN calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.31) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero folds

Results:
      $0.71 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: A A 4 T
      Hero mucked 7 8 and lost (-$0.34 net)
      BTN mucked and won $0.67 ($0.33 net)

Villain is 15/11 over 56 hands.

I think opening suited connectors from UTG is fine, given the table was pretty tight.

I also think cbetting the flop is fine, but should this bet be bigger? Or would it be better to just check/fold? Seems a little weak, but then again I don't really think he'll fold anything except maybe his own random suited connectors or KQ type hands... Or is my logic flawed here?

Turned a flush draw and decided to barrel to try and get him to fold some smaller pairs. I think we can get him to fold here pretty often, so it should be profitable?

When he raised I basically think he's never bluffing here, and will pretty much always have something like Ax, TT or 44, so despite getting like 4.5:1 here, I figured it was a pretty clear fold.

My main question is, what kinf of ranges can we assign to a seemingly okay player (he was definitely not super fishy)? When he called pre, I was personally think about a bunch of random suited connectors, pairs and some big aces, perhaps KQ, like:

JJ-22,AQs-AJs,KQs,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,AQo-AJo,KQo

When he called the flop, I figured we could discount those suited connectors. Don't really expect unknowns to float here at NL2 all that often. At the same time I figured he could easily call with all aces and pairs. He wouldn't likely raise any though, because there's no value, and he has position. So his range after the flop I thought would be something like this:

JJ-22,AQs-AJs,AQo-AJo

Do these ranges seem reasonable at all? And considering these ranges, is my overall line throughout the hand fine?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

When the table is pretty tight you should consider changing it, rather than playing looser.
      At the end of the day this is NL2 and we should be looking forward to play fishes not tight regs, right?
      When this guy calls preflop his range is quite PP heavy and probably some good Ax.

So, having said that his range is pocket pair heavy, I don't mind betting the flop as we have some backdoors as well.

When we picked up equity on the turn, also we have some fold equity against hands like 99-77, I think we can fire the turn as well.
      When he minraises folding OOP is fine.

Best,
      Plamen