This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 deep live, correct push?

• v3rc3tt1
      v3rc3tt1
      Bronze
      Hey everyone I"m new to posting hands. I'd like to ask about a live game hand I recently played with friends. The game got really loose 3-handed. So i was +250 BB(350 BB stack) or something and I found AsJs on the button. The hand went like this:
      I raise to 0.50 SB(220 BB) raise to 1.00, BB limps and I call. Flop comes QsTs9d. SB just grabs some money(with no counting) and throw it in the middle BB folds and I find the monster draw. Here I decide to push allin on his 40 BB raise(calculating I'm like 65:35%). I knew I'll be called but didn't want to find myself in folding to allin on turn if no hit. So I go allin and get called.He showed KsKd. Now I checked with Equilator and found out I'm just 55:45% favourite which looks like coinflip to me. So I'm asking as it was kind of deep was a call(on flop and trying to get a cheap river which wasn't going to happen for sure)better decision? Thx in advance.
      Greetz
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Seems like SB really doesn´t care and would go all-in with any turn.
      Knowing that I´d just call. If I hit I can go all-in being ahead, if I miss, I can make easy fold, since I´m behind and don´t get right odds.
    • v3rc3tt1
      v3rc3tt1
      Bronze
      I see. So I guess that playing very aggressively monster draws is suitable only for mtt or sng?
      There's another hand I"m kind of wondering about. We got 3 handed live game again(NL10). I"m playing LAG with constant raises from the button vs 2 tight guys. So I find AK there I make it 0.50 then I got raised from SB to 1.50. As I know SB is very tight I put him on range [88+,AJ,AQ,AK and maybe KQs]. I know if I push to allin I"ll only get called with QQ+ and he'll lay down all other hands. But if I call or make a reraise I'll get called and if my flop doesn't show up and he got pair he'll go allin. So I pushed something like 100-120 BB got called and saw the aces.. Sorry I don't post in other thread.
      Cheerz
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      There is nothing wrong playing your draws aggressively, but you should have then fold equity. If you believe that opponent would call 100% your push then best is just call ip and see if you improves.
      Your other hand: I´d call AK. No need to push there 100BB since he only made small 3-bet and as you said he won´t call with worse hands.