[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH - ATo

• TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.87 (93.5 bb)
      UTG: $2.87 (143.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $3.65 (182.5 bb)
      CO: $2.06 (103 bb)
      BTN: $2.11 (105.5 bb)
      SB: $2.40 (120 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, BB folds

Flop: ($0.14) 3 3 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.14) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09

River: ($0.32) J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.21, Hero folds

Results:
      $0.32 pot ($0.02 rake)
      Final Board: 3 3 4 2 J
      Hero mucked T A and lost (-$0.15 net)
      SB mucked and won $0.30 ($0.15 net)

Villain is 21/16 over 77 hands.

Pretty standard pre flop.

Is it better to cbet this board? I basically figured my A high would be good here pretty often so decided to check rather than bet this board.

On the turn is the call fine? I think we bluffcatch a lot of his overcard type bluffs that he decides to fire because we showed weakness on the flop, plus we still have some outs even if we do happen to be behind now.

On the river I think it's an easy fold.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I would prefer folding this hand from this position preflop. The thing is that it isn't really going to win us money as it is quite dominated and it plays quite poor postflop.

I think we can bet here on the flop if only we plan to bet some turn cards such as hearts and T+.

As played, calling the turn and folding the river looks good.

Best,
      Plamen
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Is ATo really a fold from MP? I definitely fold it from UTG and it is the bottom of my Ax raising range from MP, but is it really better to fold?

That just feels way too tight to me...

I understand it's going to be dominated pretty often. Is it better to fold here because of the average level of play at these limits, which is clearly of a pretty low standard?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I think this should rather be a fold, unless there is a reason to play this.

I mean, we play this if there is a massive fish behind us, or nitty players, but against average players we just simple don't accomplish much by raising this, also we could easily get into nasty spots with top pair or something.

My advice here for you is to open HEM (or whatever tracking software you are using), filter those spots and see how much exactly do you win.
      When I was told to do that back in the days, I realized that this hand in this specific position costed me a lot of money because of my inability to play it profitably.