Switching games

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Hi. I currently play FL, but would like to play both FL and NL cash games. I have given up on Sng's. I'm pretty sure it is not recommended to switch games but I like them both. I am looking for any suggestions how to manage this.

For example, I build my bankroll with FL, then switch to NL. I may have the BR to play at a higher NL level but not the experience. How far should I drop down in level and how long should I stay there? Or are there any ways that the games translate to each other? Does knowing one help with the other or does it hurt more than it helps?

I'm just wondering if anybody else likes them both and has trouble choosing one, and how they go about playing. I'm guessing that it is not suggested playing this way, but I like FL because of the complexity of the strategy, but don't feel com fortable multi-tabling. I find that NL sss is not as interesting, but I feel more comfortable multi-tabling and think that I might be able to make more profit.

If anybody followed this, feedback would be much appreciated :)
  • 3 replies
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Jeez, nobody?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I don't think this would be actually a lot of help to you but I'll just go ahead and post it anyways so you have at least one opinion to start with...

Don't switch games unless you have a good reason. Especially switching between FL and NL is tricky IMO. If you get bored playing just one type of game try switching between tourneys and NL. Then you'll be able to play tight as requiered by SSS and also in the beggining of an SNG and could use this in both games. Or will be able to make solid decisions based on odds as it is required while playing both BSS and SNGs.
      Playing FL and NL at the same time just doesn't make sense IMHO. If you simply feel the urge to master both do one first then the other.

But as I said this doesn't really help if you have already decided you want to play both FL and NL. And this is just one opinion someone more experienced than I am might think differently..

Anyways, good luck at the tables!
      Lubor
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Same here. I do not recommend to switch a lot. I suggest to play for example FL and learn everything about it in order to climb up the limits. If you then get bored, switch to whatever you want but start on the low limits and again...learn everything you can. Post your hands, it'll help you a lot.
      What I do is, that I sometimes play SNGs or Mtts next to my usual cash game. But both is NL, so it has a lot in common.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar