NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($22.34)
      BB ($36.42)
      UTG ($19)
      UTG+1 ($6.51)
      CO ($27.97)
      BTN ($20.27)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, CO raises to $1, fold, Hero raises to $3.40, fold, fold, CO calls $2.40

FLOP ($7.20) 8:diamond: 5:club: 6:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $3.50, Hero folds

CO wins $6.84

notes:
      steal in BTN w 46o, cbh Q34 in 3way, call 2/3 2 w 2nd pair, call 1/2 4 w trips when flush posible

steal in BTN, cbh ATTss, fold on blank turn

steal in BTN w AK, SB chekc, I bet in BB Txx, he calls w overcards, check 8, check T

minsteal in BTN T7o, cbh Axxfd, cbet turn w 7 high FD near pot, cbh 7 - POT BET - DRAW

------------
      He is capable of checking sometimes. But when I did not cbet (because he does not fold) I expected him to bet. Not sure if my bluffcatcher is good enough without info how he bets vs missed cbets.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: AJ is way too weak to c/c especially on this board texture where so many turns and rivers can kill your hand. You should either c/f or c/r. I don't mind c/r-ing A:dX and you can then shove Turns.

Preflop: I think the 3b is reasonable for thin value though you should be sizing it slightly smaller since he did raise to 5bb. I'll make it $3 here.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I don't mind c/r-ing AX and you can then shove Turns.

Interesting. I never do c/r instead of cbets. So as I understand the idea is if he does not fold to cbet, he still might fold to c/r.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I don't mind c/r-ing AX and you can then shove Turns.

Interesting. I never do c/r instead of cbets. So as I understand the idea is if he does not fold to cbet, he still might fold to c/r.
      yes. also, you allow villain to put in more dead money with weak hands before taking down the pot. it is also easier to play with a c/r with A:dX so you can shove diamond Turns and end your decision there. Another effect of having a CR range is that it discourages villain from betting all the time when you check which is great if you get a free Turn card with your AK type of hands.