[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 AJ CO

    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.04.2008 Posts: 745
      Did I need to fold here after c/r?

      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      8 players
      Converter

      Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with J A
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.4, 2 folds, BB calls.

      Flop: A 3 7 ($0.85, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.4, BB raises to $1.5, Hero calls all-in $0.9.
      Uncalled bets: $0.2 returned to BB.

      Turn: T ($3.45, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $3.45)


      River: 7 ($3.45, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $3.45)


      Results:
      Final pot: $3.45
  • 10 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 7,596
      A,J is not on the SHC so I wouldnt be raising.
      At best ill call/fold pre-flop and go from there.

      IMO ok to push on flop
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.03.2008 Posts: 10,966
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      A,J is not on the SHC so I wouldnt be raising.
      At best ill call/fold pre-flop and go from there.

      IMO ok to push on flop
      AJ definitely is on the SHC!!

      You're in late position, so raise to $0.40 is good with AJ.
      On the flop you have a made hand (TPTK), which means that you'll have to try to go all-in. However, I find your flopbet too low. You should bet 2/3 potsize here, what would be $0.60 . Your remaining stack is $1.30, so no reason to push here immediately, since you're not betting more than half of your stack.

      After his raise it's a very easy push.

      PS @justkyle88: You basically never call anything preflop with SSS (except for pocket pairs and SC in late position, but that is more advanced SSS).
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.06.2008 Posts: 78
      I agree with DeKuip, on the flop you bet first-in because you are holding top pair with J kicker (SSS articles states that top pair with at least J kicker is considered a made hand). You should make the contbet larger, I'm also doing the same mistake all the time :) After his re-raise, it is an easy push.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.04.2008 Posts: 745
      Thanks everyone, I dont know why but Ive always made the cbet about a half of the pot :) I guess Ill reread the SSS articles.
    • 098799
      098799
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.07.2007 Posts: 1,245
      Hello jachis,

      Preflop action is ok, and on the flop - I know it may be a bit scaring for a beginner, but you have to get used to it with sss - direct push is apropirate. Your stack is roughtly the size of the pot, so no need to divide it to two small pieces.

      That way you gain fold equity and have no further dilemmas on how to play :) .
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.03.2008 Posts: 10,966
      Originally posted by 098799
      Your stack is roughtly the size of the pot
      Pot is $0.85 and his stack is $1.30, I don't thinking pushing is the right thing here tbh... If this is already roughly the same size?!
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Joined: 04.06.2008 Posts: 1,241
      half pot size conti-bet on a dry board seems fine to me.
      If very drawy board i would push but on this occasion seems fine to me maybe bet $0.5 though.
    • 098799
      098799
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.07.2007 Posts: 1,245
      Ok, I guess I'm not too used to this converter - thought he had only $0.9 on the turn.

      You are right, the thing to play here is to bet like $0.6 and call any raise. Thanks for correcting me :) . But calling a raise is fine.
    • PokerSharp
      PokerSharp
      Global
      Joined: 15.11.2007 Posts: 496
      Originally posted by DeKuip
      You're in late position, so raise to $0.40 is good with AJ.
      On the flop you have a made hand (TPTK), which means that you'll have to try to go all-in. However, I find your flopbet too low. You should bet 2/3 potsize here, what would be $0.60 . Your remaining stack is $1.30, so no reason to push here immediately, since you're not betting more than half of your stack.

      After his raise it's a very easy push.
      What is the logic with betting 0.6 and then calling/goin all-in if opponent raises ? Why not just go all-in rigth away ?
      - Do we want opponent to invest more money, not just win the pot?

      Would this mean that if opponent calls on flop we would go all-in at turn regardless what happens on turn ?
      - I can not see any scary card for hero
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.03.2008 Posts: 10,966
      Originally posted by PokerSharp
      What is the logic with betting 0.6 and then calling/goin all-in if opponent raises ? Why not just go all-in rigth away ?
      - Do we want opponent to invest more money, not just win the pot?
      Going all-in right away is too much of an overbet. We are very likely to have the best hand here, so we don't mind if the opponent invests more money in this pot.
      Also if you directly move all-in, you'll probably only get called by better hands. With a lower bet weaker hands are more likely to call you, which is more profitable for us!

      Originally posted by PokerSharp
      Would this mean that if opponent calls on flop we would go all-in at turn regardless what happens on turn ?
      - I can not see any scary card for hero
      Yes, we go all-in on any turn. There are no draws we have to be afraid of. The only problem might be that he's holding Ax and hits 2 pair, but that's a small chance.