This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 3H J7s bluffcatc river

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($21.47)
      BB ($18.76)
      BTN ($20.71)

Dealt to Hero 7:spade: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.20) 2:spade: J:diamond: T:spade:

Hero bets $0.70, BB calls $0.70

TURN ($2.60) 2:spade: J:diamond: T:spade: 4:heart:

Hero bets $1.40, BB calls $1.40

RIVER ($5.40) 2:spade: J:diamond: T:spade: 4:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, BB bets $5.40, Hero calls $5.40

BB shows 9:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 66%, Flop 57.8%, Turn 36.4%)

Hero shows 7:spade: J:spade:
      (Pre 34%, Flop 42.2%, Turn 63.6%)

BB wins $15.39

41/5 22h

On river I dont see too much value in betting, so I decided to turn it into a bluffcatcher. There are busted FDs.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Turn: I would advocate betting half pot or 1/3 pot. If you think villain calls most TX and straight draw combos vs a half pot bet then you can bet here. IF villain is on the tighter side then you should bet even smaller. This bet serves as a blocker bet/cheap showdown vs stronger JX, a thin value bet vs TX and draws, and a pot building bet if you do hit your flush on the River.

Of course if your opponent is aggro and will bluff raise the Turn, then such a plan goes out of the window. He seems bad though, since he doesn't have a full stack.

River: I would c/c vs a smaller bet but vs a pot bet you should fold. You need to win 33% of the time and I Don't think he has busted flush draws that often, especially when you have 2 spades yourself. Passive fish are also less likely to pot air; they usually make weaker bets.

The Queen also further coordinates the board, completing some straight draws or giving villain some pairs/two pairs.

Thanks.