*** Bet Round 3 ***
      Hero Check
      Balupet Bet 1.00
      Hero Call 1.00
      *** River(Board): *** : [6c, 2h, 3s, 4h, 7s]
      *** Bet Round 4 ***
      Hero Check
      Balupet Check
      *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.25 Total Pot: 5.25 TwO_outs [4s, 9d] Pair of fours Win: 0.00 Balupet [6d, Ks] Pair of sixes Win: 5.25

Balupet - super passive player both as PFA/caller, gives up a lot (that's why I open 100% here). He checked bottom pair to the river in limped pot + I've never seen him stab w air like at all..

My question is if you would go for no rep line and ch/r here vs a fish (he might have all 77-QQ I guess and 6x deffo) and if I can make them fold to the river it should be massively +EV even if I end up sometime vs 5x?..

In the hand I just called and that's quite a mistake imho ..

thx
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

Preflop: Are you saying he folds a lot to steals as well as Cbets? I think another alternative line with such a weak hand is to complete the SB instead of raising, especially if he is defending wide preflop.

Flop: Flop cbet with a gutshot is reasonable

Turn: I think you should definitely c/f here vs a passive player. Honestly I'm surprised to see 6X here, I would mostly put him on straights and sets and two pairs, which means that checkraising vs such a strong range of hands is going to be really bad.

Thanks.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Thanks for such fast answer! :-)

Yeye, he was giving up really a lot unless he hit something. I guess that limp in + bet 100% times is reasonable. However, I get more money in by open + cbet ain't I?

Ok, so you think we won't be able to get him out of the hand on the river if we ch/r turn + barrel river?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Nope, the turn improves his range a lot and im not counting in him to fold.

If he folds a lot on flop, his turn range will be stronger than most. Bluffing a strong range is not a good idea.

About preflop: well it depends on how much hes folding. Your descripion is a little vague. Of cos if he is folding 100% then raising any two is better. If he is folding 50% then i would prefer a limp.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      ok, thx...

btw about the preflop I don't agree tbh.. It doesn't really matter if he calls 50/100% preflop imho.

ofc with 50% you don't get instant profit by the steal, however, if he folds enough on the flop it doesn't matter?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Sorry i forgot to be more specific - was talking abt fold to flop cbet.