This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SHC for NL 100-200, Full ring

• wazaari
      wazaari
      Bronze
      Hello guys!
      I would like to know what SHC would you use more or less in NL 100 and NL200 FR.

Actually i am using something like that:

UTG: 22+, AJo+,ATs+,KQ [10%]
      MP: 22+,ATo+,A8s+,98s+,KJ+ [15%]
      CO:22+,A8o+,A2s+,45s+,KTs+,QT+,JT [25%]
      BU: 22+,Ax,suited connectors, gap connectors, garbage ecc
  • 3 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey wazaari,

I don't like getting that loose. Raising small pockets UTG is imo not necessary. The same applies for AT or KQ. Getting looser in later positions is good though. I suggest to post your sample hands in the hand evaluation forum to get comments from the hand judges.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      UTG, and even MP, looks too loose for my liking.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Here are my personal preferences.
      My stats on NL100 are 12.05/8.38 with AF of 2.1

EP: from UTG I open raise any pocket pair + AK
      I fold all the other broadways, but from UTG +1,+2 most times I include AQs and AQ(just sometimes)
      MP1: if first in, I raise, AJs+, any pocket pair, KQs. Most of the times I actually fold KQo and AJo(I hate these hands).
      MP2: add AJo, KQo and KJs to the raising range
      MP3: this is where I loosen up quite a lot(same rule applies - IF FIRST IN) and start raising some ace rags and the suited aces, sometimes even suited one gappers and suited connectors + KJo, K10o and such
      CO and BU: if first in I raise at least 50% of the hands from late position - I mix it up, sometimes I raise 3 BB, sometimes I raise the normal amount. This way they can't guess whether I am stealing or not.

and rule number one: don't limp first in
      I consider this very important. The hands mentioned above all aplly if it is folded to me.

I don't overplay KQo and KJo - these are not very strong hands in full ring and I personally prefer to fold them in EP and in MP1 most times.

It is a matter of discussion whether raising any pocket pair from UTG, UTG+1 is a fine move but I've become used to it and it is harder for people to read me.

I feel better when I have the initiative, and I almost always want to be the pre-flop raiser. I cold call/limp just pocket pairs and suited connectors and some suited aces or kings in late position(if it is folded to me of course I raise) IF I believe I get the right implied odds.