[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Speed AQ Restealing BB vs BTN

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Silver
      IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $5.18 (51.8 bb)
      MP: $5.03 (50.3 bb)
      CO: $5.55 (55.5 bb)
      BTN: $8.69 (86.9 bb)
      SB: $13.50 (135 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.05) T 2 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BTN calls $1.10

Turn: ($4.25) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

River: ($10.25) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.90 and is all-in, BTN calls $3.59 and is all-in

Hello!

I cbet the flop with overcards and a gutshot. When hit TPTK on the turn, I cbet to protect against flushdraws and straightdraws and to get value from KQ. He could have have two-pairs and straights there, so I'm not sure if this is the best move. The River was blank, but I think the best move would be check/calling and giving him the chance to bluff with missed draws and to value bet with KQ. With betting I am probably getting value ony from KQ and lost from everything else which he calls with..

BTN: 30/20/0,4/11 (VPIP/PFR/AF/H)
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I think the question is how much BTN calls resteals. Maybe i would just call preflop and play OOP with keeping many worse hands in game.

As played this cbet doesnt look like protection. You have really small fold equity here since the flop is so wet and any turn card will not be that good for you.

Turn i think we bet to much here. We could achieve the same result by betting smaller. Even betting itself is questionable here since he can have now any two pairs, straights sets and so on.

River is again i think overplayed. I dont know what we expect of unknown guy to call here with worse.

All in one is an interesting hand i think we just overplayed a bit. Lets see what our great judges say.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think that 3betting preflop is fine.

I don't like the flop bet here though. Quite a nasty board here which hits his calling range very very good, also even if we hit Q or A on the turn it could easily not be the best hand and we just go to value town.

Once we hit the turn I think betting is fine - like $2.5.

As played, considering the SPR I would just bet here myself to get value from Qx/Jx and not give him the chance to check back those.

Best,
      Plamen