[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH - KTo

• TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2.02 (101 bb)
      MP: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2.72 (136 bb)
      BTN: $2.06 (103 bb)
      SB: $1.94 (97 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K T
      MP posts BB OOP, MP checks, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BB calls $0.06, MP folds

Flop: ($0.19) Q 5 A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.21, BB calls $0.17

Turn: ($0.61) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.61) K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Results:
      $1.21 pot ($0.08 rake)
      Final Board: Q 5 A A K
      BB showed A 8 and won $1.13 ($0.54 net)
      Hero mucked K T and lost (-$0.59 net)

MP is 44/27 over 66 hands.
      BB is 44/22 over 28 hands.

First of all, can we isolate here against the loose MP?

When BB lead out on the flop this small, I thought his bet looked super weak, so I decided to raise him. If he called, I still had a gutshot. But against a somewhat passive player, I feel like that's a pretty bad play to make...

When I raise the flop, should I then continue on the turn and just give up unimproved on the river? Or just give up on the turn?

As played though, I only needed 25% equity to call on the river. I think bad players turn their missed FDs or Qx into a bluff here a decent amount of the time, so I think calling here as a bluffcatcher is fine? Or is my logic terribly flawed here?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I don't really mind isolating here.

I like raising the flop here. Usually I do threat those small bets as checks, so if we got checked to here I am going to cbet here, so raising is fine.
      What do we need to know here is that we don't really need to make it so big - if he's folding he would fold to 14 cents as well.

Once we get called on the flop, giving up on the turn is good.

As played, I would fold the river.
      Problem here is that people don't really tend to bluff with this sizing and we don't really have information that he's going to turn Qx into a bluff.

Best,
      Plamen