[NL2-NL10] another Minraise on river

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $7.98 (159.6 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $5.18 (103.6 bb)
      MP: $7.27 (145.4 bb)
      CO: $6.46 (129.2 bb)
      BTN: $5.06 (101.2 bb)
      SB: $5.46 (109.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 6 T 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.67) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, MP calls $0.45

River: ($1.57) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP raises to $1.20, Hero??

after having read the last evaluation I am wanting to check and see if there is a pattern, should i be C/F the river again here as well? Maybe I should have just checked the flop, as I was pretty much betting for value against the 10X hands. Same villian as before running 86/8
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi ChowChow,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What's going on with your bet sizes?

Why do you underbet the flop and the river?

Since you bet so small you may be inducing raises from missed hands so it's hard to justify a fold.

Generally we are bet/folding against fishy guys but when we bet properly (1/2-2/3).
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Flop: must had been a missclick, no idea why that was so small.
      River, he was so passive I thought he would call a super small bet for thin value. Didn't really expect him to raise with air here. And I didn't think he would call 3 streets with 10x or anything. Just didn't think I could get value from many other worse hands with a bigger bet sizing.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Chowchow12
      Flop: must had been a missclick, no idea why that was so small.
      River, he was so passive I thought he would call a super small bet for thin value. Didn't really expect him to raise with air here. And I didn't think he would call 3 streets with 10x or anything. Just didn't think I could get value from many other worse hands with a bigger bet sizing.
      The river is far from a scare card so why did you find the need to bet so small?

Can't you get $1-$1.3 from almost his entire range?
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      I guess I am just unsure of what he would be calling in this spot for a 2/3 river bet that I would beat. A10 K10 Q10 JJ QQ, I doubt he would be doing it with 5x, so I guess on the flip side how many combinations of hands that beat me are there TT T6 A6 K6 Q6, I don't know I guess I am confused in the fact that in this hand: AJ min raise on the river big fish

betting the river is a mistake (which I admitting under bet) , but this hand I should bet 2/3 pot, that being said I doubt in the hand i just showed, he would be calling a river bet with 3rd pair, and all the high cards on the board would have us chopping, so this makes sense I guess. I guess I just feel a little confused.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Chowchow12
      I guess I am just unsure of what he would be calling in this spot for a 2/3 river bet that I would beat. A10 K10 Q10 JJ QQ, I doubt he would be doing it with 5x, so I guess on the flip side how many combinations of hands that beat me are there TT T6 A6 K6 Q6, I don't know I guess I am confused in the fact that in this hand: AJ min raise on the river big fish

betting the river is a mistake (which I admitting under bet) , but this hand I should bet 2/3 pot, that being said I doubt in the hand i just showed, he would be calling a river bet with 3rd pair, and all the high cards on the board would have us chopping, so this makes sense I guess. I guess I just feel a little confused.
      Considering that everything misses and every pair is in the same shape as on the turn you will most likely get people to call you rather light.

As far as the other hand goes it's a bit different because the board did change a lot with the A and K so it's hard to get a lot of value plus he has more value hands that can raise.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Awesome, thanks for the clarification!