[NL20-NL50] Live £1/£1 PF w/ QQ vs. UTG Raise (6-Max)

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      6-Handed

UTG : (£200+) Young Kid, seems to be a regular, but is his first hand at this table.
      MP (£200+) : Young Chinese, Seems Mostly Bad Passive
      CO: Hero (£55) (Don't have any more money to reload)
      BU: (£200+) Older Man, seems to be a good LAG.
      SB: (£200+) Seems to be decent TAG.
      BB: (£200+) Young Chinese, Seems Mostly Bad Passive

Pre Flop: (£2) Hero is CO with Q :club: Q :diamond:

UTG Raises to £6, 1 fold, Hero???

Things to consider:
      • Hero has no more money to reload, meaning he can no longer play if busted.
      • A double up would mean Hero can play BSS against a couple fish.

As played:

Pre Flop: (£2) Hero is CO with Q :club: Q :diamond:

UTG raises to £6, 1 fold, Hero raises to £15, 3 folds, UTG goes all-in , Hero???

£40 to call, current pot = £72.

Thanks!
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Raknyo,

Preflop: Just to confirm, is this game primarily SH or a 10 handed table that's not full yet?

It's unfortunate if hero doesn't have more money to reload but I think that with your 55BB stack, in a live game, you can 3-bet/call this easily. And once you got shoved on there's not question that you should call it off.

Your are to call $40 in a pot of $112 so you need 36% pot odds.

If you weren't willing to stack off just call preflop and take it postflop. I'm assuming the 6x raise is standard for a live game (in a lot of lower live limit games it is).
    • Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      Table is 10-Max with 6 seated, how would you say this effects the situation?

Thanks for explanation, after seeing how little equity we need in this situation, I can see how QQ is a clear snap-call vs. 4-bet.

6x raise is standard for this game.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      definitely 3b, live players have next to no positional awareness (I mean they do, doesn't mean they use it tho), more importantly the players behind are super likely to call and you'll be going to the flop usually 3-4handed

there is plenty of chance that ur 3b will get flatted so there is a tonne of value there (especially if u dont size it so they have to jam or fold) and if they shove, u can call it off and be very happy. In general I think live players are either pretty tight stacking off or go for the "oh it's only £50 lets flip" call 88 type approach. But even vs the tight ones they will stack 55bb with AK/JJ etc. so you are never going to be in bad shape vs the ranges imo.

hope that made sense im a little tired
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Raknyo
      Table is 10-Max with 6 seated, how would you say this effects the situation?

Thanks for explanation, after seeing how little equity we need in this situation, I can see how QQ is a clear snap-call vs. 4-bet.

6x raise is standard for this game.
      A lot of people do not adjust to playing a shorter handed game. However I don't see much of an effect in this case because of the players involved. For example, it may be important when people would expect your range to be stronger (when you 3-bet) without realizing that with less people you can actually 3-bet wider.