Kruppe (UTG): $50
      UTG+1: $101.20
      UTG+2: $43.45
      MP1: $100
      MP2: $39.45
      CO: $50.95
      BTN: $32.25

MP1 posts $0.50
      Pre-Flop: Q:heart: A:spade: dealt to Kruppe (UTG)
      Kruppe raises to $2, 7 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.75) 8:club: Q:club: 3:heart: (2 Players)
      BB bets $3, Kruppe raises to $12, BB calls $9

Turn: ($28.75) 8:club: Q:club: 3:heart: [ 9:club: ] (2 Players)
      BB checks, Kruppe checks

River: ($28.75) 8:club: Q:club: 3:heart: 9:club: [ 9:heart: ] (2 Players)
      BB checks, Kruppe checks
  • 4 replies
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      I would play it the same way. Maybe you could think of a value bet on the river since he checked twice to you.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi Kruppe,

I'd make a $17 valuebet on the river. If he had the flush he'd bet.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      If he had the flush he'd bet out on the turn. Indeed it would be hard for him to call that raise with a nekkid flush draw on the flop.

Only hands that make sense have hero beat. UTG raise, BB had to have something, which he confirmed on the flop. Would he call the raise with a hand like JJ?

Hero may not be ahead, and villain is probably not calling any value bets with worse hand than TPTK.. so why make one?
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukac26
      If he had the flush he'd bet out on the turn. Indeed it would be hard for him to call that raise with a nekkid flush draw on the flop.

Only hands that make sense have hero beat. UTG raise, BB had to have something, which he confirmed on the flop. Would he call the raise with a hand like JJ?

Hero may not be ahead, and villain is probably not calling any value bets with worse hand than TPTK.. so why make one?
      If he had flush he wouldn't necessarily bet out the turn, a lot of players like to check there and let hero keep his aggression, wich usually don't work, since a decent player would check behind for pot control. But this is limit is still full of fish who probably never heard about pot control.

BB could have called PF with a lof of hands, most players are not thinking players, so they'd call with a lot of hands like connectors, high suited cards, among others. On the flop he could have air, he could have a Q, an 8, a 3, something like JJ, TT, 99 or other smaller PP. Since he called hero's raise, I'm assuming he doesn't have air, 22 or 3. But I still think it's quite likely he has an 8 or a PP, but a Q is more likely.

On the river, given the action through the hand, I'm pretty sure hero's ahead. Villain would've ceartainly bet a flush or a full house, most of the time he would've bet a straight or a 9 as well.
      And very often villain would call here with a Q, JJ, TT and even an 8. If villain is pretty stupid, he might call even worse hands.