[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL20, Aces

• zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      BTN: $50.45
      SB: $32.68
      Hero (BB): $20.30
      UTG: $34.23
      CO: $39.70 - 17/16, 130 hands. Only one time villain was 3bet and than he folded preflop. He seems rather tight and straight forward-ish player. CO and BU raise first in only 17 and 14%! Villain cbets a lot flops (90%) but doesn't cbet on later streets (turn cbet 20%); aggression flop 11, turn 1, river 1.

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BB with A :club: A :spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.80, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3, CO calls $2.20

Flop: ($6.10) 4 :club: K :diamond: K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.20, CO calls $3.20

Turn: ($12.50) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($12.50) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.00, Hero folds

I don't know how to play this one. I was completely lost on the turn already. Any advice on how to play this hand against this villain will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      After he checks back the turn I dont think he has full house or Kx so we should bet river for value.as played ill check call the river he could bet worse like Qx
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      We are talking about a rather tight player here. How many Qx hands does he have in his 3bet calling range? We have two aces so AQ becomes less likely. What is the reason why we should put QJ and such in 17/16 player's 3bet calling range? Also I can see villain check back nutted hands on the turn. Maybe I've been running into the nuts lately too often and it's starting to mess with my head.

What should be our plan if villain bets on the turn?

I thought about betting the river but couldn't think of many hands that could call my bet that I would win against. I guess we are bet/folding the river? What would be the optimal betsize?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      i agree he does not have so many worse hands in his open/call range but i would expect a full house or Kx to bet the turn when checked to for value, how else can he get his money in?

if he bets the turn perhaps we can just fold our hand, since we dont expect him to have the lower broadways like QJ and QT, more likely KJ QK AQ AK and i think hes not betting 2nd pairsgiven his aggression.

but the check back on the turn is weak, he could slowplay his hand, but would he slowplay the nuts? KQ? AK? KJ? i think he would still bet it.

he could have hands like AQ, TT JJ some combos of QJ that we can get value from, these hands will probably call a small bet, something like 4-5. its also a block bet against his non full house Kx hands like KJ AK , i dont think hes raising our bet into him