This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50NL A6s BBvCO

• dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 100 BB
      UTG: 96.9 BB
      MP: 187 BB
      CO: 40.5 BB
      BTN: 100 BB
      SB: 105.1 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: 6:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.5 BB, 2 players) 5:heart: 6:club: 3:club: Hero checks, CO bets 2.2 BB, Hero calls 2.2 BB

Turn%s: (8.9 BB, 2 players) 3:heart: Hero checks, CO bets 6 BB, Hero calls 6 BB

River%s: (20.9 BB, 2 players) T:diamond: Hero checks, CO bets 10 BB

Hi,

just a line check. guy opens loads from late pos - 37% from CO over 300+ hands, cbetting 90% of flops.
      no reads how he plays later streets..

is it a std call on the river ?
      what about same hand vs an unknown, would you play it different?

Thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

vs this guy I think it's fine to call. the half pot bet does seem a lot like value though - I wouldn't mind a c/r on the river as well with some 5X/6X combos but A6 is probably barely strong enough to call vs a wide range

vs an unknown it's closer. I suppose you have 77-99 to call down and you can also call with some of the stronger 6X hands like A6 K6

i wonder if the average player bluffs half pot enough of the time though - looks so much like a value bet to me, folding can't be bad cos many players are imbalanced here but based on bet-size and how much you are "supposed" to defend then A6 would be a call.
    • dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      good points, and I like the x/r idea with FH blockers