iFortunatus

• iFortunatus
      iFortunatus
      Bronze
      Hi all I'm Lewis, 22 years old living in the UK.

I started casually playing poker 3-4 years ago with friends, played online a bit obviously like a total fish busting my roll within hours of depositing :f_biggrin:

so now I'm here to learn!

let the training commence...
  • 2 replies
    • iFortunatus
      iFortunatus
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

My motivation to play poker, quite simply I enjoy the game a lot, It requires me to think, react and it takes time and effort to be ultimately a good player. After work and gym commitments I would like to spend my free time in the evenings learning and improving another skill in my life. It will help with sticking to my diets and not vegetating in front of the TV learning absolutely nothing. I feel learning to master poker will help me in life with regards to patience, math, details and probabilities.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

tilt. I need to get into my head BRM and sticking to it which is ultimately my downfall, understand bad beats and grind through them and understand I need to start at the bottom I can't just waltz into a 50nl game with my BR when I'm on tilt and expect a made hand. I need PATIENCE

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

A tight aggressive player is someone who has a small range of hands they will play perhaps 10-20%? which once they hit they will play aggressive not slow play anything and will go in for the most value they can get from their hands.

May I Procceed to lesson 2?

Lewis :f_biggrin:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by iFortunatus
      Hi all I'm Lewis, 22 years old living in the UK.

I started casually playing poker 3-4 years ago with friends, played online a bit obviously like a total fish busting my roll within hours of depositing :f_biggrin:

so now I'm here to learn!

let the training commence...
      Hello Lewis ,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan