[NL20-NL50] NL50 9max: flat call turn raise to get most value?

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $20.15
      Kruppe (UTG+1): $50.75
      MP1: $29.75
      MP2: $74.25
      CO: $48.75
      BTN: $118.30
      SB: $44.70
      BB: $83.80

Pre-Flop: K:diamond: A:spade: dealt to Kruppe (UTG+1)
      UTG folds, Kruppe raises to $2, 5 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) A:diamond: A:heart: 3:spade: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Kruppe checks

Turn: ($4.25) A:diamond: A:heart: 3:spade: [ T:diamond: ] (2 Players)
      BB checks, Kruppe bets $3, BB raises to $8, Kruppe raises to $24, BB folds

I was trying to build the pot, but I think if I just called I would still be able to get enough on the river.
  • 2 replies
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      bet the flop as you would if you had nothing.

I don't think you would get more by flat calling since he mostly has a T or a FD here, he won't pay you on the river unless he hits his FD (for which you want him to pay).
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi Kruppe,

Throw in a standard c-bet on the flop. You'd bet if you had missed right? So you should bet when you hit too, most players just won't believe you have the Ace and will call you with a lot of worse hands, therefore you bet for value. And you start to build the pot earlier.

As played, I like raising the turn too. If he's raising with nothing, you won't be able to extract anything more from him, if he's got a FD, you have to protect, if he has a T or a PP it will be difficult to extract anything more from him (since the two Aces are pretty scary), but I think the best way to extract more is by betting, and if he's slowplaying another Ace, a diamond on the river you kill your action. I'd bet just a little bit less though, I think $20, since it's more inviting for a T or a smaller PP.