Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $59,85
      BU:
      $22,50

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:spade: , 9:diamond:
      2 folds, BU raises to $1,50, SB folds, Hero raises to $5,00, BU calls $3,50.

Flop: ($10,25) 8:diamond: , 3:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,00, BU calls $7,00.

Turn: ($24,25) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10,00, BU raises to $10,50 (All-In), Hero calls $0,50.

River: ($45,25) Q:spade:

Final Pot: $45,25

Is the preflop 3bet size ok? I mean on the flop the pot is 10$, villain has 17$ left, and although i was lucky here with this board but usually an overcard appears and then what?
      Would it be better to 3bet smaller, leaving the opportunity to get away from the hand on the flop if villain raises, or 3bet bigger and commit on every flop?
  • 6 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Would you go all-in preflop to this guy with 99? Then it's ok to 3-bet, but make it at least 5.5$. If not, I'd just call and ofc bet out flop. And then on turn you can check for pot control, and might call once.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Wild game. Unless I have some hard reads on the BU I wouldn't re-raise him here.

If he's stealing a float will take him off the pot on the turn, if he isn't we're folding there while keeping the pot small.

The way you played turn bet was dangerous... if he called the flop, he's calling the turn there...

If he was on a steal.. he'd fold to your re-raise, so bigger pockets than yours are a distinct possibility. He also had to put you on something.. 7BB preflop.. so this is a decidedly ugly situation and caution (and pot control is advised).
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I think villain is holding here TT+
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      30/19 would open loose on the BU, so I´m happy to go all-in with 99 against halfstack.
      I like your 3-bet and your 3-bet size is also fine. No need to give him better odds to call ip with Ax hands.
      Postflop is fine. You´re not folding never there overpair and you´re committed on the turn. (just put him all-in, no need to left him 50 cents).
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies from everyone!
      If anyone is interested, villain's hand was 6c5c :)

Originally posted by Snodreliss
      Would you go all-in preflop to this guy with 99? Then it's ok to 3-bet, but make it at least 5.5$. If not, I'd just call and ofc bet out flop. And then on turn you can check for pot control, and might call once.
      I really like this. It's like a real plan for the hand.
      So do you always consider a 3bet as an allin against a halfstack, just like a 4bet usually means allin against full stack?
      Below what stack to pot ratio do you consider you are commited on every flop? I mean here it was 1.7 and i was commited (but maybe not on every flop). Or asking in another way, what is you target stack to pot ratio on flop if you are going to go allin no matter what?

Btw, what does 'ofc' means? (on frequent cases?)

Thank you,
      kesgab
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      i make 3bets bigger(like 8$) against shorties in order to go allin on any flop, in some cases i even shove it preflop

btw, ofc = of course