Looser SHC

• 6 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey Sasa,

are you talking about short-handed or full-ring? And which limit?
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      Full Ring BSS
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      only if you are in late position so that you are not highly jeopardized by a raise behind you - then it is absolutely OK to call IMO.

but I'd not recommend it for instance when you are MP1-2 and UTG+2 limped. With 5-6 players to act behind you, a raise behind your limp is quite possible and then you have to throw your hand away most times. J10/J9s are not strong out of position.

But you may even consider raising with J10s in CO/BU if you want to build a pot against a fishy opponent with a big stack but this is an opponent based move.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I agree with finchy. Fold these hands from early positions, limp in late positions after some limpers and raise them when you are CO or BU and first in. JTs is a stronger hand then J9s. The gap reduces the chance to hit a straight and the kicker to a pair is of course worse.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I'm playing BSS on NL.10 FR tables. I think J9s is the minimum you should be playing with 1 limper. A raise is better but it depends on who your opponents are, of course. If you have PT, check to see if J9s is winning you anything. In my case most of these marginal hands have gotten me nowhere. It's so much easier to fold these hands after seeing their history!
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      Can we see average profit made with hands with poker elephant?