Differences moving up pokerstars micros

• pockettones
      pockettones
      Bronze
      Hey guys, my main concern is the skill gap between 2NL, 5NL, 10NL and 25NL.
      Right now I'm building a roll at 2NL and have a win rate of 32bb/100 hands over 6k hands, but am not currently rolled for 5NL but was curious if there is a major difference? I'm thinking I might take a few stabs at it underrolled. I'm looking for differences in table tightness and aggression I guess.
  • 9 replies
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      You shouldn't move up underrolled just because you are on a heater, which is most likely what is happening, so you should just continue at 2NL untill you are rolled for 5NL
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JCSeerup
      You shouldn't move up underrolled just because you are on a heater, which is most likely what is happening, so you should just continue at 2NL untill you are rolled for 5NL
      THIS.

6k hands is a very small sample. Grind out a much bigger sample and then decide from there :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Yes, you need to be very careful, I had a similar run on WPT, and thought I had crushed the limit. This is just not the case. Enjoy the heater, but remember 32bb/100 is not sustainable. As for the limit, I played NL5 on WPT, Ladbrokes and PS. I really don't see to much of a differance between them. It sounds like the skill jump from NL2-NL10 isn't huge, so when you're rolled you should be fine at nl5
    • pockettones
      pockettones
      Bronze
      Thanks all, guess I'll just grind up till I get rolled properly. What would be considered a decent sample size? Any comments on moving from 10NL to 25NL?
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      decent sample 50k+ hands probably?

I haven't had experience yet on NL25. but I will say that NL2 is much more extreme compared to NL5 and NL10. You got plenty fish on each limit, but the style of play NL2 and NL5 is a little bit different. But between NL5 and NL10 no difference in my opinion.

Also depends what do you play Normal cash table or Zoom/Speed/Rush.

Normal tables are fishier. Zoom tables are quite tighter and most of the players are fit/fold and there requires skill to exploit those kinds. NL5 and NL10 are more aggressive postflop, because if you check or check back certain street, villain is going to bet in you most of the time and then you are guessing. So using stats is very vital. And I am guessing it is the same on NL25.
    • prime333
      prime333
      Basic
      How do you check your per 100 bb win rate on poker tracker 4?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      according to my current sample sh25 zoom is about a full 6-7 vpip/pfr points looser than sh10 zoom. :P
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      according to my current sample sh25 zoom is about a full 6-7 vpip/pfr points looser than sh10 zoom. :P
      Yes I completely agree. Played 1 hour of nl25 sh zoom for the first time in my life and I get at least one fish every hand!

NL10 sh zoom is such a nitfest and boring limit to be. No wonder it killed my motivation
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      I really wouldn't advise you to wait for 50k hands at nl2, as you'll be just feeding the rake and not improve. I dunno what underroled means to you, but if you feel you are beating the game at nl2, just take a 3bi shot at nl5. Even if you loose, it shouldn't be a big heat to your BR, and you can move down. Then try to win those 8bi at nl2 again, and take the next shot.

As these are the smallest limits, i'd really advise an agressive bankroll. Take a shot, and if it fails, move down, reload.

Remember: moving down once you loose at the higher limit is a skill in itself. Most players can't stand the thought of going back down, and then they prolonge their shots and it causes them to tilt and loose a lot of money.

So my advice: play perhaps 15k hands, if you are still winning, take a 3bi shot at the next limit :)