Dublindeuce

• Dublindeuce
      Dublindeuce
      Bronze
      Dublindeuce from Ireland.
      Played poker on and off for a few years. Some live some online.
      Just returning to the game after a few years.
      I only realise now how much I suck. I had delusions of grandeur when I used to play but I got that in check now.

My aims are just to truly learn the game and beat a level (any level) once and for all.
      Played mtts before and never done well in cash

So yeah. Hmmm....
  • 4 replies
    • Dublindeuce
      Dublindeuce
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)
      1. I enjoy the game
      2. It keeps my brain active
      3. I like money
      4. I want to be good at something quantifiable

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)
      I'm prone to tilt
      I'm prone to playing outside my bankroll
      I play too long
      I don't analyse my play enough
      I lose a lot of sessions
      I don't like variance
      I can't pinpoint my faults
      Post flop I suck. Continue bet too much
      Need to learn how to play flop and turn in pots I've opened

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

Being selective preflop with hand selection but betting aggressively when I do enter a pot
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dublindeuce
      Dublindeuce from Ireland.
      Played poker on and off for a few years. Some live some online.
      Just returning to the game after a few years.
      I only realise now how much I suck. I had delusions of grandeur when I used to play but I got that in check now.

My aims are just to truly learn the game and beat a level (any level) once and for all.
      Played mtts before and never done well in cash

So yeah. Hmmm....
      Hello Dublindeuce ,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • Dublindeuce
      Dublindeuce
      Bronze
      So I just signed up to poker 770 through ps. Going to restart this course. Been playing mostly zoom on stars recently but started running really bad which turned into playing bad so took a break.
      So lets go...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dublindeuce
      So I just signed up to poker 770 through ps. Going to restart this course. Been playing mostly zoom on stars recently but started running really bad which turned into playing bad so took a break.
      So lets go...
      Good luck on the new platform.

When you are ready post your next homework assignment here (or any questions you may have)