$22,50
      MP3:
      $20,00
      CO:
      $100,00
      BU:
      $44,80

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:club: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $4,00, MP3 folds, CO calls $4,00, BU folds, SB calls $3,50, BB folds.

Flop: ($13,00) 7:club: , A:spade: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($13,00) J:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($13,00) 6:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $8,00, CO raises to $19,00, 2 folds, CO gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $29,00

Imo conti bet is pointless (they always have ace) but what about the river.
  • 6 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Cbetting in a multiway pot isn't such a good idea anyway. Heads-up I've often enough see people fold their hand here, so I'd just cbet then.

On the river I would just check if I were you. What kind of hand do you expect to call you here? I doubt that hands like KJ/QJ/JT call you here, I think they wouldn't even call a preflop bet.
      So the only thing you could achieve, is that they fold a weak Ace. But why would they call your preflop raise with an weak ace and then check/fold when they hit?

I don't think you can get weaker hands to call and better hands to fold here.

And if what you're saying is true "(they always have ace)", then they'll probably still have that ace on the river ;)
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I coul get some value from PP (river play).
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timukasr
      I coul get some value from PP (river play).
      2 Checks from both SB and CO feels weak for me as well but I rather think they are not going to bet since
      A) Your the preflop aggressor (unwritten rule)
      B) Draws are possible and with TPTK or TPMK its not really advisable to bet in a 3-way pot

So I think CO puts you on a busted FD therefore just bet/fold.

I would have done the same as you did now , betting 2/3 on the river
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      bet turn,dont give them another chance to make their set.
      Bronze
      Well, a bet on turn or river is not so out of question, but remember you're against two guys who called to your preflop action! Myself, I don't really see what hand can profitably call a shortie's raise, but let this alone...

I guess you can get some value out of this hand that way. But another coach maybe?...
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      p/f fine
      river check it down and call small river bets.