[NL2-NL10] KK overpair against unknown

• mrbeast87
      mrbeast87
      Bronze
      No Limit Hold'em $0,05/$0,10
      PokerStars
      9 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - UTG ($9,92)
      UTG+1 - UTG+1 ($4,62)
      UTG+2 - UTG+2 ($0,65)
      MP - Hero ($11,91)
      MP2 - MP2 ($10,44)
      CO - CO ($11,78)
      BTN - BTN ($7,90)
      SB - SB ($2,80)
      BB - BB ($13,54) Unknown

Preflop: ($0,14, 9 players) Hero is MP with K:club: K:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, MP2 calls $0,40, 1 fold, BTN calls $0,40, 1 fold, BB calls $0,30

Flop: 5:diamond: 9:spade: T:diamond: ($1,64, 4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,20, 1 fold, BTN raises to $2,40, 1 fold, Hero calls $1,20

Turn: 5:club: ($6,44, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2,00, 1 fold, Uncalled bet of $2,00 returned to BTN

I could only put the villain on a set, so I decided to fold... The bet was small, but I was OOP and would have to pay another time on the river to get to the showdown.

Do you think I should re-raise on the flop? Or I just fold immediately on the flop, after the raise?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

A few things to point out here

1. Villain is a fish with only 80bb which means that he's probably capable of raising AT/KT/QT here
      2. This is a 4way situation which makes villain's raising range stronger than usual

Considering these 2 things, I think KK is strong enough to value 3bet the Flop and play for stacks. I Would just push here. I think you put villain on a really strong range which is not the case when he's a fish. Fishes often love to raise the flop with any top pair hands and they usually overplay them. Unless you have a read that this guy is ultra passive, if not I don't think you can ever fold here vs a fishy guy.

On the other hand if I got raised by a straight-forward ABC reg here in a 4way pot who doesn't get too out of line, this would be a snap fold as KK is crushed by a range of sets, two pairs and combo draws.

Thanks.