This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK overpair against unknown

• mrbeast87
      mrbeast87
      Bronze
      No Limit Hold'em $0,05/$0,10
      PokerStars
      9 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - UTG ($9,92)
      UTG+1 - UTG+1 ($4,62)
      UTG+2 - UTG+2 ($0,65)
      MP - Hero ($11,91)
      MP2 - MP2 ($10,44)
      CO - CO ($11,78)
      BTN - BTN ($7,90)
      SB - SB ($2,80)
      BB - BB ($13,54) Unknown

Preflop: ($0,14, 9 players) Hero is MP with K:club: K:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, MP2 calls $0,40, 1 fold, BTN calls $0,40, 1 fold, BB calls $0,30

Flop: 5:diamond: 9:spade: T:diamond: ($1,64, 4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,20, 1 fold, BTN raises to $2,40, 1 fold, Hero calls $1,20

Turn: 5:club: ($6,44, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2,00, 1 fold, Uncalled bet of $2,00 returned to BTN

I could only put the villain on a set, so I decided to fold... The bet was small, but I was OOP and would have to pay another time on the river to get to the showdown.

Do you think I should re-raise on the flop? Or I just fold immediately on the flop, after the raise?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

A few things to point out here

1. Villain is a fish with only 80bb which means that he's probably capable of raising AT/KT/QT here
      2. This is a 4way situation which makes villain's raising range stronger than usual

Considering these 2 things, I think KK is strong enough to value 3bet the Flop and play for stacks. I Would just push here. I think you put villain on a really strong range which is not the case when he's a fish. Fishes often love to raise the flop with any top pair hands and they usually overplay them. Unless you have a read that this guy is ultra passive, if not I don't think you can ever fold here vs a fishy guy.

On the other hand if I got raised by a straight-forward ABC reg here in a 4way pot who doesn't get too out of line, this would be a snap fold as KK is crushed by a range of sets, two pairs and combo draws.

Thanks.