This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] FR zoom AQs

• tatartom
      tatartom
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $24.04 (48.1 bb)
      SB: $63.06 (126.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $56.13 (112.3 bb)
      UTG+1: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $55.27 (110.5 bb)
      MP1: $77.97 (155.9 bb)
      MP2: $55.19 (110.4 bb)
      MP3: $20.25 (40.5 bb)
      CO: $20.57 (41.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A Q
      7 folds, SB raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.50) 9 A 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.67, Hero calls $1.67

Turn: ($5.84) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75

River: ($13.34) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $8.40, SB raises to $22.25, Hero folds

Results:
      $30.14 pot ($1.36 rake)
      Final Board: 9 A 2 4 J
      SB mucked and won $28.78 ($13.71 net)
      Hero mucked A Q and lost (-$15.07 net)

Hey, he seemed to 4bet a lot, but this stats was bought and I had no history with him and I didnt want to 3b/szip without at least one 3 bet in blind war.
      So as played I think flop and turn is ok since he folds a lot to raises and there arent many draws.
      On River I did bet for value form weaker Aces and maybe Jx but he suddenly made quick raise.
      I dont know what to think abut it. Im unk to him and he should bet with strong hands to not miss value from Ax etc.
      I folded and Im not sure about it, he raises and check/raises very little, so I figured that he did check/raise with very strong hand cause he just wanted to do it.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: He opens 50% in SB, calls a lot and 4bets a lot. I think this is an easy 3b/5b spot. People do 4b bluff a lot even without dynamics. If they pick up hands with blockers they'll often just do it anyway with hands like AT/KJo which aren't strong enough to call OOP without reads. AQ should be a default 3b in these positions anyway and your reads gave you no good reason to stray away from the norm.

Flop: This could be a raise or call - I'm assuming you have no dynamics here so calling is standard. Plan is to never fold on blank runouts vs 3-barrels.

River: Very tough spot - I think someone who isn't getting too out of line will rarely take this line as a bluff. Folding is reasonable at NL50 FR IMO - Most players aren't bluffing here.

Game Theory wise I think you are close to the top of your range - I guess your range here starts at AT for value betting River, and you have AQ/AJ? You probably fold J9 on the Turn. This is close though, I don't mind calling some AQ combos without a diamond in them - More likely for villain to c/r bluff with some busted diamond draw.

I'll probably just fold anyway.

Thanks.