This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 65s turned OESD vs raise

• jazzy29
      jazzy29
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($22.98)
      SB ($60.67)
      BB ($34.83)
      UTG ($11.60)
      MP ($8.91)
      Hero (CO) ($27.94)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 5
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.62, Button calls $0.62, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.59) K, 5, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, Button calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.39) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, Button raises to $6.25, Hero folds

Total pot: $8.39 | Rake: $0.38

Hey, villain was unknown.
      My flopCbet is to small I think, since I'm OOP and there are 2 :spade: , not too high because the board is still dryer as it looks like with K-high...so maybe around $1,20 on the turn I pick up a OESD to my 2nd pair. I don't want to play c/c but since many people bluff-float the board I probably should play c/c with my outs and the option for a cheap bluffcatch.

But as played and with his $15 restack I'm not sure if I have the right implieds to call his raise. First I'm out of position what makes it more difficult to get his stack on hit and also have to discount 2 more outs for the flush.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Jazzy29,

Double barreling is fine here, you essentially are using your hand as a semi-bluff with 5 outs.

Turn is pretty close. If you always made villains stack the whole time you'd definitely have implied odds to call. In practice because there are 2-spades out there your implieds may be damaged on a spade river, and there is not guarantee you will get paid on a 4-to-straight river when you hit especially OOP. It's close-ish, but folding is definitely fine imo.