[NL20-NL50] bvb, bluff

• pokerferrer
      Should we bluff the river in a such spot? And what about betsizing?

NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($32.60)
      Hero ($25)
      UTG ($30.15)
      CO ($25)
      BTN ($11.40)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: 9:heart:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.50) 4:spade: 8:diamond: J:diamond:

SB bets $1.07, Hero raises to $3.25, SB calls $2.18

TURN ($8) 4:spade: 8:diamond: J:diamond: K:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB calls $5

RIVER ($18) 4:spade: 8:diamond: J:diamond: K:spade: Q:diamond:

SB checks, Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      every draw gets there by river. i think that villain check/raises 2pair + on turn. so i would consider checking back and hoping to be good vs some Jx type hands since we now have some sd value (although im not 100% sure if this is best idea).
    • pokerferrer
      This guy is pretty straightforward and seems to be scary, during the hand I thought the same way as you - I beat now Jx, so I can ch-b river. Also I think he will not always raise two pairs on the turn, and also there is T9 in his range on the river.
      His preflop range is super wide, it seems on the river he has a bunch of better hands which he will fold.
      And also I am protected against flushes because there is too many combo-draws which he will reraise on the flop.
      I didn't bluff during the hand, but now I think showing is the best option here.
    • mbml

River: You beat some JX now so you shouldn't turn your hand into a bluff now.

Turn: So many draws on the Turn. I don't think villain is folding much. I would not bet here cos my perceived range on the Turn is going to be really weak with many semi bluffs. If you bet here you have to bet rivers almost always, unimproved. And non flush rivers are not too great for bluffing at cos villain can very easily find a call with any JX.