$25.37
      MP3:
      $14.65
      CO:
      $11.58
      BU:
      $22.40

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2, 2.
      Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, BU calls $0.60, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.55) 2, 3, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BU raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $6.00, BU calls $2.50.

Turn: ($13.55) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50.

River: ($18.55) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.25, Hero calls $4.25.

Final Pot: $27.05.

31 hands  vpip26 pfr16 wtsd17

I think my reraise should be $8 on the flop.
      can I fold on the river?
  • 4 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      id 3bet flop bigger to around $9.5 even. villain will have fds/some overpairs quite often, so i prefer to build the pot bigger on flop. turn is gross but vs sizing i think call on turn and river is fine
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey D,

Flop 3bet like you both guys said, around 8.50 probably better to leverage stacks.

That turn is bad ofc and check/calling certain bets seems fine but I am really unsure about river because IP villain will check back his medium value hands and won't vbet 99 for example. That means he is just trying to get value with a flush, straight and sometimes a set. This means that having a higher set matters here so having bottom set you can argue a fold.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey D,

Flop 3bet like you both guys said, around 8.50 probably better to leverage stacks.

That turn is bad ofc and check/calling certain bets seems fine but I am really unsure about river because IP villain will check back his medium value hands and won't vbet 99 for example. That means he is just trying to get value with a flush, straight and sometimes a set. This means that having a higher set matters here so having bottom set you can argue a fold.
      I don't see the reason to 3bet on flop? If we 3bet, set calls or shoves and we lose stack with 1 out. He has 45s in his range, so we also lose vs that, but have more outs to improve. We can't expect him to play this way with QQ+ because he would sometimes 3bet preflop, and 99,TT,JJ probably just calls flop, if he raises with those hands, I don't expect him to finish the hand all in so often.
      If he has fd, we are not sure if he raises or calls flop, his stack size looks fishy, and fish are usually passive, so I don'T think he has fd here so often.

Also if we 3bet to 8.5$, we are giving him good odds to call us and he can count on implied odds. Also if he would have fd and he raises us, he is protecting for us and building the pot, so we still play it +EV vs draws and he has only around 25% vs our set and we could raise the turn. Also when we 3bet bluff folds most of the time.

So I see 3bet here only good vs aggri reggs with dynamics, if we know he could shove with draws, overpair or even bluff, or float our 3bet.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would definitely agree with you if Hero was IP. OOP we are better off getting it in asap with a clear value range, even though this particular hand is not a big favourite. We lose more when just flatting and letting our opponent use position.