[NL2-NL10] 34s bu sh

• martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 56.4 BB (VPIP: 36.07, PFR: 14.75, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 63)
      UTG: 112.7 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 11.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 70)
      CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 18.18, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
      Hero (BTN): 535.7 BB
      SB: 109 BB (VPIP: 31.02, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 10.20, Raise flop: 17, Raise turn 33 Hands: 219)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 3:club: 4:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, SB calls 1.5 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 3 players) 3:diamond: K:diamond: Q:spade: SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 3.8 BB, SB raises to 10 BB, fold, Hero calls 6.2 BB

Turn%s: (26 BB, 2 players) 6:club: SB checks, Hero bets 16.6 BB, SB raises to 36 BB, Hero calls 19.4 BB

River%s: (98 BB, 2 players) 5:heart: SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows T:spade: 9:spade: (High Card, King) (Pre 63%, Flop 41%, Turn 23%)
      Hero shows 3:club: 4:club: (One Pair, Threes) (Pre 37%, Flop 59%, Turn 77%)
      Hero wins 93.6 BB

I think i made my first soulread on a guy in sh games, since im just starting out trying this, but is it a bit too lose open raise from button? I am pretty sure that the guy was a winning reg/break even reg, i had put on tilt. I had been playing 43/32 3bet 18, and the reg in the hand had seen me earlier 5bet shove 47s to a fish, which resulted in a call from him with AKo when i had AA, and after that set vs TPTK to a 4bet shove on the flop. So lots of dynamic bw him and me.
  • 5 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Martinemem,

You need to post your hands in the correct sub-forum for our Hand Judges to Evaluate :)

Keep in mind that you need to be Silver+ to get hands above NL10 reviewed.

I'll move this into our upto NL10 section for you :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi..

Dont call the flop raise. Your hand is really unplayable and the average 3way flop raising range has u crushed.

If u think he is out of line then you are better off 3betting the flop. This is a decent hand to do that because when u have a 3 yourself its 66% less likely for him to have 33. Even t9 has 40
      % equity vs u

Thanks
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Thanks that is actually something i didnt concider. And since i had position, i just cant see why he didnt bet the turn when he took the line to c/r flop, and then AGAIN c/r turn, its a riddle for me he didnt shoot at the river, but i guess he was just tilted pretty good.

(The average 3 way flop raising range has u crushed)
      But is he not far from average flop raising when he does it 17% of the times? And on turn ridiculously high 33%? And if we take in to concideration that both lags checks to me on a KQ3 flop, am i not supposed to be sure they would bet their pair, took out the fact that they could have made hands, since this small raise would for sure induce a 3bet from sb cause he dont want bb in the pot aswell, and also he had called my raise from bu like 4-6 orbits in row, since he was tilted. And that bb just like made the odds call with something like k3o+k2s+Q6o+Q4s+Ax+

The 3bet on flop should that be like 24-28 bb or should it be much bigger, i mean hes in tilt mode and super agr like me in sh :D so would a big 3bet not just make him 4b shove the flop?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Let's sort a few things out first. Perhaps there is some dynamics but let's not get carried away.

"I had been playing 43/32 3bet 18, and the reg in the hand had seen me earlier 5bet shove 47s to a fish, which resulted in a call from him with AKo when i had AA, and after that set vs TPTK to a 4bet shove on the flop. So lots of dynamic bw him and me."

Ok your preflop is really out of line. Stacking off AK vs AA is really standard these days, maybe not at NL2, but at every other limit in a 6max game it's the norm. TPTK vs set could be standard depending on positions and board texture.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Also about your stats - They are really insignificant - You only have 219 hands on your opponent. This is PF sample btw. So if you are talking about raise Flop %, that's probably like 1 out of 6 times which doesn't say a lot. And as for the 33%, that's probably 1 out of 3 times.

Also, 17% is aggro but not crazy aggro. My Flop raise is often 15-20% and I don't think I get too out of line. Another thing to note is the 3-way dynamic. People just don't go crazy check/raising pure air here.

About his play to check/raise the Flop 3way: I think it's extremely reasonable. He does have a gutshot and a backdoor flush draw.

About them having to bet their made hands: That is really untrue. They could easily go for a c/c or c/r - You are the PFR after all and checking makes sense if you are someone who cbets really often.

About 3betting the Flop: You can make it something like 2-2.3X, so 20-23bb is fine. 24-28bb is already really large. And I'm not sure why you think a larger 3b makes it likelier for him to shove. You just look more likely to be committing your stack, so he'll be less likely to rebluff here.

You should also think of your range here. Sometimes you bluff, sometimes you have value (with KQ/sets/AK/AA). It's ok if he jams that over your 3b. You can't win every single time and make perfect plays. We can only think of his range and our range, and we cannot know his exact hand.