This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] TT overpair went wrong

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($34.26) 171bb
      CO ($19.64) 98bb
      BTN ($20.20) 101bb
      cozacu (SB) ($20) 100bb
      BB ($4) 20bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 5 players) cozacu is SB 10:spade: 10:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.60, 2 folds, cozacu calls $0.50, BB calls $0.40

Flop: 5:diamond: 5:heart: 8:club: ($1.50, 3 players)
      cozacu bets $1.30, BB folds, UTG raises to $3.50, cozacu calls $2.20

Turn: 3:heart: ($7.20, 2 players)
      cozacu bets $5, UTG calls $5

River: 7:spade: ($17.20, 2 players)
      cozacu checks, UTG bets $10.80, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $28

UTG wins $28.66 (net +$8.76)

cozacu lost $7.70
      BB lost $0.40

Villain 20/17 af 1.5 cbet 55 ftcbet 79 6.5 3b 1.2k hands

There is a bit of history with this reg, I haven't see him raise too much on flop but he plays vs me often post flop.

PF = ok

Flop= I lead out, and I`m calling the short stack(fish)`s shove
      ... when Villain raise`s here, all I`m thinking is that he is not representing anything but a preflop monster QQ-AA or A5, maybe 67s so I call thinking he`s trying some shananigans.

Turn = I lead out on flop , and I think I`m mostly good here on turn, with the bet I`m putting his hand to the test, if he re`raise with some picture cards I`m expecting him to give up at this point.

River = check/fold it's the only remaining way to go. I`m quite sure I`m behind after he called the turn bet.

What do you think?

Should I simply bet/fold flop without going into such a messy spot?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Guess calling is standard - We don't mind having BB push anyway.

Flop: If the BB was a huge fish with a deep stack then I'll much prefer leading for value. Since he's short I think checking is better.

Your bet size is also way too large and vs the Flop raise it's uncertain whether UTG is raising too much air here. I guess calling once vs he raise and deciding on Turn can't be too bad.

Turn: Your hand is a bluff catcher on the Turn still, so I don't think you should ever be leading.

Upon looking at these two hands, I think you have 2 leaks you need to fix.
      1. Betting and raising when you are not supposed to - Review reasons for betting and raising vs calling and checking
      2. Try not to overplay weak made hands - Kind of linked to the first point.

Thanks,