[NL20-NL50] FR zoom aa nl 50

• tatartom
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $20 (40 bb)
      UTG+2: $50 (100 bb)
      MP1: $74.66 (149.3 bb)
      MP2: $112.17 (224.3 bb)
      MP3: $63.49 (127 bb)
      CO: $55.31 (110.6 bb)
      BTN: $55.92 (111.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $1, 2 folds, CO calls $1, BTN folds, Hero raises to $4.50, BB folds, MP1 calls $3.50, CO folds

Flop: ($10.50) 5 9 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, MP1 calls $6

Turn: ($22.50) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $12, MP1 raises to $24, Hero calls $12

River: ($70.50) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $12, Hero folds

$70.50 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 5 9 T 7 7
      MP1 mucked and won $68 ($33.50 net)
      Hero mucked A A and lost (-$34.50 net)

pre I squezzed 2 unks.
      Open raiser who played 2 tables called, I cbet and I cbet Turn cause there is plenty of TP+ which going to call and call shove and Im blocking many nut flushes.
      When he raises I put him on a flush or some slowplayed set and I called with proper odds.
      Do you think on the river I have enough equity to call this?
      I need 13% and just thought I dont have even this.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      Hey T,

On such a board with your hand, what do you think about check/shoving turn? Do you think Tx and JJ check back too often? What about some hands like QJs? Seems like an OK spot given equity, hand, board and stacks to think about c/r. A check through is not bad for you since you get value from overpairs on river quite often while most overpairs (usually JJ) don't call all the way.

As played, it's a read specific play really.. turn is OK to call given the odds but river is super close given such sick odds. I think there will not be a big difference in EV whether you call or fold. Given that all the line til the river is +EV, you can definitely think about folding here and not giving up that much. At the same time, calling will not need to be correct that often. Very close, nobody can give you a definite answer here unfortunately.
    • tatartom
      I asummed he is a some kind of fish and fishies are most likely passive, so on such structure such villain could check back with QT or JJ and I dont know if he is gonna semibluff that often.
      And I think he is gonna calldown on safe river with good pairs.
      Also I think most of draws are going to call cause many of them have heart.
      WHat do you think?
    • EmanuelC16
      Draws will also call the check/shvoe quite often... My thinking came when you said he is 2 tabling. Also, fish do like to 'put you on AK' but I see your point of them still being more on the passive side.

Also, most good pairs would call a shove when they bet, only things you get one more street from are 9x type hands, probably like 89, maybe from 78 as well.. The rest I think is still betting often. There are quite a few reasons even fish bet here:

a) They put you on AK and they have the best hand so they think the best hand should bet.
      b) They have no idea what you can have but once you check they want to protect their hand.
      c) Value bet Tx, JJ type hands to get called by some weaker Tx.