This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QJo top2 vs. river min raise

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $39.37 (196.8 bb)
      CO: $21.77 (108.9 bb)
      BTN: $5.33 (26.7 bb)
      SB: $25.33 (126.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $20.30 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: Q:club:
      MP folds, CO calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.70) Q:diamond: J:diamond: 9:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60, BTN folds

Turn: ($1.90) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

River: ($5.90) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, CO raises to $8, Hero folds

41/0 26% agg.freq. 159 hands.

Should i bet bigger on the river? I guess he won`t fold Qx/2 pairs to a bigger bet?

min raise river = nuts = fold?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think not raising this is a huge mistake. This guy is so bad and loose - It'll be great to raise it up for value and for isolation purposes. Definitely going to be way easier to play in a Headsup pot.

Flop: Now my plan would be to bet pretty close to pot on all 3 streets

River: Wow this is sick. I'm definitely not folding a set here. With top two it's close.

Odds: 4/22 = ~18%

He's gonna have many straights but I do think it's a call if he plays enough worse two pairs this way.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com
      Board: QdJd9c2h5c
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 19.15% 14.89% 4.26% { QcJh }
      MP3 80.85% 76.60% 4.26% { JJ, 99, KTs, QJs, Q9s, J9s, T8s, KTo, QJo, Q9o, T8o }

I discounted J9 combos by only putting in J9s and not J9o. That leaves us with 19% equity and maybe we can factor in a rare random bluff with a busted flushdraw or something maybe 2-3% of the time.

It's kind of close, I think either folding or calling is fine but leaning towards a call. I'm definitely folding hands worse than QJ though and I think 22 is a snap call.
    • AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Originally posted by mbml
      Preflop: I think not raising this is a huge mistake. This guy is so bad and loose - It'll be great to raise it up for value and for isolation purposes. Definitely going to be way easier to play in a Headsup pot.
      Hi!

BTN was 61/11 over 41 hands, aggressive postflop. I think that CO will call and BTN will also call or even shove. If they both call, i wouldn`t be able to bluff with BTN in the hand. If BTN had a bigger stack or if i had position, i would definitely raise. This is probably the strongest hand i`m checking.

Does this make sense or you still prefer to raise preflop?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you got a point about BU being short - Didn't notice that. Would definitely be a raise here if he were 100bb.

I still prefer raising anyway. He has 60% of hands here. Even if he shoves, we either
      -Have a lot of equity, more than enough to call it off
      -Run into a strong range, but that's going to happen really rarely cos he plays just way too many hands preflop