Cash Games in Glasgow (or area)

• Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Hey guys,

Does anyone from Glasgow area know any decent cash games going on? I know that Gala, Alea, and Genting are supposedly hosting them almost every night, but I am not aware of the stakes they offer. Are there any other places to go and play? And what are the stakes?

Thanks in advance.

Rihard
  • 6 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      anyone?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Doesn't look likely Rihard :(

Hang on in there though!
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Hi Richard,

I am in Glasgow and the only places I have played are Alea ( the quay) and the two Galas in town.

The Alea has some decent cash tables especially with bank holidays coming this weekend, although I don't have the money to play at the moment. It is a mix of experienced cash players that like to gamble so you allways want to have a full stack.

Generally they play 1/2 but sometimes have a 2/5 going if there is a lot of people and they usually have a main table then "feeder" tables. You get guys sitting with 500-1k a lot.

Very good action though.

This Cincinati has been suggested but I think they take it quite a bit more seriously there.

Hope this helps and i'll maybe see you there some time.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by stompy91
      Hi Richard,

I am in Glasgow and the only places I have played are Alea ( the quay) and the two Galas in town.

The Alea has some decent cash tables especially with bank holidays coming this weekend, although I don't have the money to play at the moment. It is a mix of experienced cash players that like to gamble so you allways want to have a full stack.

Generally they play 1/2 but sometimes have a 2/5 going if there is a lot of people and they usually have a main table then "feeder" tables. You get guys sitting with 500-1k a lot.

Very good action though.

This Cincinati has been suggested but I think they take it quite a bit more seriously there.

Hope this helps and i'll maybe see you there some time.
      Thanks for the reply mate. I might try Alea one day then when I hit decent roll.

Where is located the Cincinati club? I've heard something about it but have no clear idea what's going on in there. What limits do they play? How often? etc.

Much appreciated!

Anyway if you know any home games also, I might come and join. :f_biggrin: Love playing live with decent players. Playing at the pubs is shocking really, bingo players always hit their 2 outters. Worse than pokerstars. :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks stompy91!
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Yeah it would be nice to have the roll for £200nl live!

It's down near central station just over on the bridge as you go onto Pollockshaws road.
      I don't know the stakes but i know some of the PLO games have had £5k pots so it gets pretty big.

Yeah pub poker isn't the best. Last time i played there was a fight over £2 between 1st and 2nd haha.