[NL2-NL10] NL5 AA against a tight opp

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Titan Poker 0.01/0.02, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($1.59)
      SB ($4.98)
      BB ($3.59)
      UTG ($2.30)
      UTG+1 ($6.02)
      MP ($2.00)
      MP hero ($6.73)
      MP MP ($4.87)
      CO-1 ($6.22)
      CO ($4.83)

Preflop: , 3 folds, hero raises to 0.08, MP calls 0.08, 5 folds.

Flop (0.19) 2:diamond: 3:diamond: J:diamond:
      hero bets 0.19, MP raises to 0.76, hero calls 0.57.

Turn (1.71) T:diamond:
      hero bets 0.85, MP calls 0.85.

River (3.41) Q:diamond:
      hero bets 1.70, 1 fold

hero shows A:heart: A:diamond:

Stats for opponent- VP$IP 6.5 PFR 4.3 TAF 1.0 WTSD 18% (299 hands)

How is this hand played?

With this stats his reraise on flop seems nothing like a set for me, so i decided to just call with flush draw and see turn (without FD I'm thinking even about folding my AA against this opp)
      How is it played, should i just call his reraise or 3bet him even if I strongly suspect that on this moment I'm behind?
      Was turn bet to small?
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi jenoc,

On the flop you could bet a little bit less, I'd make it $0.13, that's the same amount I'd bet if I had absolutely nothing.
      After his raise, you accomplish nothing if you reraise him.
      No worse hands are going to call you and there's no need to protect against the FD since you got the nut FD, so it's perfectly fine to just call.

I like your line on the turn, but I'd bet more (~$1.40), if he had just a pair it will be very difficult for him to call even a small bet.
      Buf if he had a flush, you have him, and it will be hard for him to fold here even if his flush is low. If he had a FD, he's not folding here. And if he had a set, you need to protect your hand, and he's certainly not folding either.

Unfortunately the river brings another diamond that kills your action completely, the only hand that's gonna call you is the K :diamond: , maybe the 9 as well, unless he's completely stupid (And that's very likely :D ). I like the bet on the river too, the bet size is fine IMO.

Oh, and if you just had AA with no FD on the flop, you could safely fold your hand in that spot.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i would bet a little less on the flop something like 0.15 .
      i like your line calling his 3 bet preflop . if you will 4bet you will usualy get it in behind .
      i like donking the turn but i would make it close to pot size . if he has set or flush he isnt folding so you want as much value as you can get .
      i like beting 1/2 potsize on the river because they will usualy look you up with lower diamond or set
      gl
      edit : sory i was posting in the same time as faye did