Tables Selection questions

• adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      Hello :)

I have recently decided to stop playing NL Zoom and then started playing on standard NL cash tables. I like the dynamics better there :)

I've got couple of questions about tables Selection for NL 6max on PokerStars:
      #1 What does 'Plrs/Flop' exactly represents?
      #2 How is table's 'VPIP' calculated?
      #3 Which statistic is most important when choosing a table and why?
      #4 in HM2 - what is the difference between: Table Scanner and Table Finder?
  • 8 replies
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      I go by Average Pot - is this good?
      can anyone help please? :)
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      on stars there is many table so what I do if play normal tables put filter for min 4 players + hide full talbes, and look for not full stacks and sit to their right and look how many tables hes playing, if hes 1 tabling not full stack I just mark him as fish and play that table.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      Seriously?
      I'm trying to avoid tables with Mid or Shortstacks - it's bad for your winrate in the long run i think.
      There are fish with full or deep stacks aswell and i think is better to play vs them - you win more money off them basically.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      doesnt have to be mid or short stack. its just easy and fast way to find fish and while you playing at that table you may find more fish.
    • Balltas
      Balltas
      Bronze
      so basically you are targeting only 1 person directly to your right? is it wise?
      1) He can be even a reasonable player even he is playing only 1 table
      2) The limit you can win is his stack
      3) You have more oponents at the same table and he if he is a fish may be targeted by others.

I wonder... if there is a better way fo identify fishes.. like... to observe a table for a few rounds. determine who is tight and who is loose. Then reserve a position. It takes more time.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      Yeah... I would not do that either...
      I was trying to use HM2 Table Scanner 2 but it confuses me heh :P
      I used to join tables with the biggest Pots, recently changed for the ones with highest Players Per Flop %
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xero100
      on stars there is many table so what I do if play normal tables put filter for min 4 players + hide full talbes, and look for not full stacks and sit to their right and look how many tables hes playing, if hes 1 tabling not full stack I just mark him as fish and play that table.
      im pretty much similar to this. and as xero pointed out, <100bb does not = SSS/MSSer :D ~40bb it starts to look that way, but if people are sat with like 70/80bb or so then i will keep my eye on them. if they do anything fishy they get snap marked lol. but tbh, one of the first things we learn here at PS is to play with 100bb. if they even read the basic articles they would know this... no excuses imo :D

imo the most important thing to look for is the table ppf%. high avg pot could mean fishy, but could also mean just really aggressive so i give it less credit.

Balltas brings up a pretty good point tho... i mean i wouldnt expect many regs/decent players to just play 1 table usually but if we are just targeting 1 guy then it might not be worth it.. unless he's an epic whale ofc :D . on stars if you just put a little bit of time into looking it seems pretty easy to find a table with at least 2 fish on. and the more you play reg tables the more you can mark the fish and find them in the lobby.

#1 plrs/flop represents the % of players that see the flop
      #2 im assuming its the same as individual VPIP but just averaged for the whole table.
      #3 p/f% > avg pot imo
      #4 dunno i dont use these :D
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver