UTG+1 ($95.05)
      CO ($10.00)
      BTN ($7.25)
      SB ($48.95) 22/15/6.25/63 VPIP/PFR/AF/F to 3bet PF
      Hero ($66.50)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB :8d: :6d:
      4 folds, SB raises to $1.75, Hero raises to $6.50, SB calls $5

Flop: T: :3d: :9h: ($14, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $8, SB raises to $16, Hero raises to $59.50, SB goes all-in $25.95

Extra note on SB: Calls 3bet pf with AQo, minreraises on 789 rainbow flop, calls shove.

He was stealing my bb as sb quite often, so I rather reraise him with suited connectors/ 1 gappers rather then A9-like hands. I reraise him ~1/4 times he tries to steal.

Comments?
      flop shove > flop call?
  • 9 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i would make it just 5.5 preflop
      i dont mind going broke here with flushdraw and gutshot
      i prefer shoving instead of calling because you steal have some fold equity and if you call you are comited anyway to a 1/2 potsize bet on the turn
      nh

gl
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Your 3-bet amount is good.
      You don´t want to make 3x his raise+ 1BB
      6,5$ gives your extra fold equity which you want since you raise 68s
      Your flop bet is too small. Since board is drawy then make it 11$-12$ that you could shove turn or shove flop if he raises.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      You said that he calls all-ins with two overcards... then you try to move him out of a hand twice with a marginal holding. Doesn't make sense...

While I can understand why you may want to push flop with as many as 13 outs against a regular, this station is not going anywhere and you know it. You need to complete your ratty flush/straight and getting you're getting 2:1 when you have half your money in... which is a really bad deal..

As it was played.. he sensed some weakness there on the flop and if we know he isn't a folding type and we don't want to fold and we don't have anything yet.. we just call.. save some money.. he can probably beat 8 high

getting raised when on a draw and shoving against a guy who likes to see his showdowns.. how is that +EV?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      totally agree with the silverguy
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      You don´t want to make 3x his raise+ 1BB being oop.
      Other line to take is c/rai.SB would likely bet if checked to him and since he often doesn´t have anything then he´ll fold to your all-in shove often enough to make that move profitable (this way he can bet out with weaker hands which he´d mostly fold to your bet on the flop).
      we are actualy in position with no one else in the hand (we are bb vs sb ) so check / raising is not possible
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Ok, formulated my note wrong, this is the hand I picked up his note. Happened 10 mins before on another table.

==================
      Button ($92.10)
      SB ($56.70)
      BB ($50.75)
      UTG Hero ($54.10)
      UTG+1 UTG+1 ($104.70) <-- SB our hand
      CO CO ($46.95) 15/12/3 player

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7:diamond: A:club:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to 2.00, CO raises to 6.50, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls 4.50.

Flop (13.75) 8:diamond: 6:club: 7:spade:
      UTG+1 bets 11.50, CO raises to 24.12, UTG+1 raises to 41.00, CO moves all-in for 16.33.

UTG+1 shows AQo
      CO shows KK
      =================
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      You don´t want to make 3x his raise+ 1BB being oop.
      Other line to take is c/rai.SB would likely bet if checked to him and since he often doesn´t have anything then he´ll fold to your all-in shove often enough to make that move profitable (this way he can bet out with weaker hands which he´d mostly fold to your bet on the flop).
      we are actualy in position with no one else in the hand (we are bb vs sb ) so check / raising is not possible
      Good point.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukac26
      You said that he calls all-ins with two overcards... then you try to move him out of a hand twice with a marginal holding. Doesn't make sense...

While I can understand why you may want to push flop with as many as 13 outs against a regular, this station is not going anywhere and you know it. You need to complete your ratty flush/straight and getting you're getting 2:1 when you have half your money in... which is a really bad deal..

As it was played.. he sensed some weakness there on the flop and if we know he isn't a folding type and we don't want to fold and we don't have anything yet.. we just call.. save some money.. he can probably beat 8 high

getting raised when on a draw and shoving against a guy who likes to see his showdowns.. how is that +EV?
      22/15/6,25 is not quite station.
      bet/call is not that good line. If you want to get free card then check behind on the flop is better option and calling his turn bet and folding river ui.
      bet/shove is good, since sometimes his min-raise is pure bluff or smt like 55, which he would fold to your shove, plus he would fold his draws, which he would shove other way on the turn.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukac26

you need to understand that 86dd has huge equity against AQo on that flop